Chapter 15 - The Lake and Quidditch

Nico's POV

Grey eyes, Percy had said. But Professor Cielo didn't have grey eyes. He had blue eyes, sky blue eyes, blonde hair and a California tan, just like... And what was up with his name? Cavallo Cielo, it's definitely Italian but it's not a proper name it would be like calling an American...

"You coming down to the lake, Nico?" Percy laughed as he hurtled down the stairs from the dormitory in blue swimming trunks with tridents on them and an orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt.

"Towel?" Annabeth said to Percy through gritted teeth

"You know I don't..."

"Well how else will you get dry?" She motioned her head towards Harry, Ron and Hermione who were now chatting with Ginny. "You know, you're going swimming, you're going to get wet!"

"Oh, yeah. Silly me, I left it upstairs." He ran upstairs and was soon back down carrying a Finding Nemo towels. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Come on then," Thalia called, pushing the portrait hole open. "Lets get this over and done with."

"And after the lake, Quidditch!" Ron said, pushing his way out of the common room. The people who wanted to fly had there broom sticks with them but that wasn't many of us. Hazel, Percy and I obviously weren't going to and Thalia's scared of heights. Frank said that he would only leave the ground in the form of a bird (not in front of the wizards of course) and Annabeth 'wasn't in the mood'. Jason was the only one who'd actually bought a broomstick but Piper said that she might borrow someones and have a go at some point. We'd all agreed that Leo should never ever be allowed to fly, whatever happened. He might start thinking he was Johnny Storm, jump off his broom and shout 'flame on'.

"Cool," Leo shouted. "Last one to the lake is a pile of minotaur dung!" And with that (and a questioning look from the people who didn't know much about minotaurs) we all rushed out of the castle

The air outside was warm for the end of summer. Well, when I say warm, I'm talking British warm which would class a cold for American summer but warm for winter. Ron still seemed shocked at the ease with which he'd convinced Percy to agree to going in the lake. Percy was having to be held back by Annabeth who was lecturing him in Greek

"Now, remember." she said grabbing hold of his arm...

"I know, I know, I'm not totally stupid, I just really want to swim." he gave her his seal pup eyes but she still held on.

"I know you're not stupid but you don't normally have to think about this kind of thing. So, remember: you can't be dry when you get out of the water; don't stay under for longer than humanely possible; don't play with the squid because someone will notice and above all, no starting a water fight because you'll just get Leo and Jason competitive and someone will end up on fire or electrocuted."

Percy saluted, returning to English. "Yes ma'am." and with that he threw his top on the ground and dived in.

"Do you think he's alright?" Harry asked checking his watch.

"I'm sure he's fine." Annabeth sighed. "He's got big lungs, he does it all the time."

"But five minutes is a long time to not resurface. He can't do that very often?" Hermione put in.

"Oh you'd be surprised!" Annabeth checked her own watch this time.

Eventually, after about five more minutes, the surface began to ripple and Percy's head appeared. After noticing Annabeth tapping her wrist, he began fake gasping for breath before wading to shore, dripping wet.