Chapter 12: new team meetup and skill assessment

Saya was walking besides Asuma on a tattered pathway through a forest. The trees were huge, they were so tall it almost seemed like they were trying to reach for the heavens. The sun was up and shining again, giving the green vegetation their needed light for survival while Saya was still annoyed with the uncomfortable feeling of the warmness that was hitting her. She was used to the foggy and cold atmosphere of the mist and she could easily blend around and hide through the thick mist. But it was another story here altogether.

She sighted in annoyance while fiddling with the new leaf headband that Asuma had given to her after she got out of the Hokage mansion.

The forest was calm and actually really nice. Saya loved listening to all the small animals running around, the calm, mute howl of the wind through the thick manes of the trees, and she could even hear a small river a few miles away. Saya had to admit that being in this kind of environment relaxed her and her sensitive hearing.

After a few more minutes, they came to the end of the forest. In front of her was a small , traditional house that was situated in a large clearing of the forest.

"There's a whole training ground behind the house and three squirts. " Izuna informed Saya. The girl just faintly nodded before narrowing her eyes.

She couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching them.

"Well, are you coming? " Asuma asked from a few meters in front of her.

She nodded and started walking slowly .

"Itome, check out who's watching us and why". She girl murmured softly in order for the other male not to hear.

Whoever is watching us, isn't a person or an animal, I could've easily picked up their heartbeat or their chakra . This must be some type of jutsu.

A small gust of wind hit her face brushing her bangs out of her face for a second before falling back into their place, signaling her that Itome took his leave.

" What is Asuma planning? " Izuna spoke up making Saya snap her head towards the smoker.

He was already on the porch, but instead of going in the house he walked around it. Saya followed silently, and she quickly found herself in the supposed backyard which was actually a fairly large training area just like Izuna said. A few dummies were sat in different locations with kunais and shurikens sticking out of them. A few targets were also sat on some tree trunks in different positions and angles.

Saya averted her gaze towards the trio that were gazing at her confused.

"Team ten ! " Asuma called the three of them snapping their eyes at him"this is your new teammate that I've told you about, so how about you introduce yourselves to her" he said grinning and with his usual cigarette still hanging from his mouth.

"I'm Ino Yamanaka ! " the girl with platinum blonde hair exclaimed. Her fringe covered one of her eyes the visible eye being a pupiless teal color and the rest of her hair was tight in a high ponytail that reached her waist. She was dressed in a purple crop top her stomach wrapped in bandages and a short purple skirt that had slits on both her legs which also were wrapped in bandages until her knees. She had a weapons pouch on her right thigh and the usual navy blue ninja sandals.