Chapter 11

As soon as Rachelle made it home, she rushed through the front door and into the kitchen for dinner. When she took a seat next to her dad at the counter bar, she tried her very best to hide the tore pants leg away from her parents. Her mother was a smidge shocked to see her daughter a few minutes late at dinner time.

"You're a few minutes late. Where were you at this afternoon?" her mother questioned her as she put the bowl of salad in the middle of them three on the counter top.

"Um, we had some detective work that needed to be attended with," Rachelle answered with a cool and collected smile like nothing had really gone on. Her parents had no words to respond to her comment, they went back to eating the food in front of them. With no one else having the urge to speak, Rachelle just let the conversation go as she began to eat. After she finished every little bite that was on her plate, she instantly took her dirty dish to the sink and ran her way up to her bedroom. She was mind blown from when Zack mentioned that he didn't really like Paisley as a girlfriend. She honestly had no clue on how to think that statement over. She was so stressed and freaked out that she forgot about it and plopped onto her bed under the bed sheets. After a couple of hours, Rachelle received a noticeable knock on the other side of her bedroom door. Shockingly, she knew exactly who it was that wanted to enter the room.

"Come on in Lyndsay," Rachelle greeted from under the comforter. Lyndsay opened the door to enter and closed it back for some privacy right behind her.

"How did you know it was me?" asked Lyndsay very surprised as she took a seat on the other side of the bed.

"You have a signature knock that I can recognize." Lyndsay was speechless to hear something like that as she threw her eyes off to the side for a quick moment. "Anyway...what all things important did you find out about Zack that we can add to our notes?" she hesitantly asked.

"Unfortunately, I didn't seem to retrieve anymore new information," mentioned Rachelle with an unhappy voice.

"What?...Why?...How come?" Lyndsay was trying to keep herself from going out of control. Even though they were best friends and Rachelle could tell Lyndsay anything, she just didn't feel that comfortable of explaining the reason why. Rachelle swallowed a gulp to tell the story until there was another knock at the door. Lyndsay rose up from the bed to answer the knock, coming down it being Rachelle's mother.

"Hey Rachelle. I have laundry for you," said Mrs. Truman.

"Okay. Thanks mom," replied Rachelle responding to her mother. Her mother walked in to set the basket of clothes down on Rachelle's dresser and left the room afterwards. Once Lyndsay shut the door back, she thought she should ask Rachelle the same question again. "So...was there anything very important that you would like to tell me of how it went on over at Zack's place?" she immediately brought it up again.

"I don't really feel comfortable talking about it," said Rachelle getting quite worried. Rachelle pulled the comforter over her head to hide the shame deep down inside of her.

"Ray, you can tell me anything," Lyndsay began to sweet talk as she rubbed her best friend's arm with care.

"I know but it's just too embarrassing." Rachelle rapidly threw the covers off and got up of bed to fold her clothes.

"What is...?" questioned Lyndsay who really wanted to know.

"Nothing..." Rachelle got to her dresser and pulled out the first shirt to fold when Lyndsay saw her ripped pants leg.

"What happened to your pants leg?" Lyndsay asked hesitantly. Rachelle unfortunately had nothing to say or do.She was as frozen and still as a statue. "And is that a hole at the back of your pants?" Rachelle couldn't keep it inside of her any longer. She just had to say something.