Chapter 6

Once she made it all the way back home, she got inside and slammed the front door behind her, bursting out crying. "Can't believe I did that," she weeped. She covered her face with the palms of her hands and slid down to hte floor against the the front door, sitting with her knees up and her feet flat on the carpet.

THe next morning, there overcame a knock on the front door of her house. Rachelle was sound asleep on the floor so she didn't hear any noise. The same noise occurred another time only a smidge louder, yet harder. Eventually the second knock across the wooden door awoken Rachelle from her deep sleep. She got up from the floor and took a sneak peek through the peep hole, realizing that it was Troy on the other side.

"Rachelle, can we talk?" he mumbled through the door. He leaned his forehead on the outside of hte door like he felt really sympathetic. Rachelle was on the inside of the house with her arms intersected up across her chest, her left foot flat on the wood, and her back against the door, listening to his pathetic sweet talk. Her mouth was as silent as a cricket. After quite a little bit of time went on by, Troy gave up. He turned around with his back to the door, and slid down to the doorrmat with his knees up to his chest. He laid the top of his head up against the entrance with him looking straight up into the mid air.

"Rachelle, I know you're in there so please open up so we can smooth things over that went on between the two of us," he suggested as he sat his wrists on top of his knees. She was still silent and frozen as ever, very speechless. "Please open the door," he mumbled to himself.

She thought very hard what was the point of them talking when there was nothing to talk about. He threw his head down ontot his hands, feeling that he took it too far this time. He was getting the emotion that he may have lost his partner who was also a very good friend to him. "I can't take it anymore," he thought.

He jumped up from the front porch, put his left fist, clenched, up to the door, and rested the top of his head against the brown wood. Rachelle got the tensed up feeling that he left so she rosed up from the carpet and opened up the door. She gasped as she froze, not knowing exactly what to do next. Once she flung the door open, the first thing her eyes spotted in the darkness was Troy who apparently didn't leave like she was hoping for.

"Troy...," she gasped softly as she held the door wide open. Her brown eyes got as big as bug eyes with surprise.

"Hey...Rachelle....," he was quite speechless and shocked, mostly shocked that she finally opened the door being terrified like she noticed a burgular or something. She couldn't seem to take much more without bursting into tears out of nowhere. Her wide open mouth went down to the doormat and straight back up to level with his eyes. He got quite curious and concerned with exactly what she kept staring at.

"Ray, what are you staring at?" he questioned very concerned. He moved his eyes away from hers, quickly took a glance over into the neighborhood, and slowly moved his head, along with his eyes, back to Rachelle. He shouldn't have took that risky chance because once he did, Rachelle kicked up her left foot and kicked him in the shin as hard as she could.

"Oh...my...gosh...," he grunted in so much pain. "Why would you do that?" He began to rub and rub his leg to sooth the awful pain away. "Well, if I didn't do that, then I couldn't do this," she told him as she slamemd the door hard in his face.

"Dad gum it...I nearly had her realed in," he second thought, rubbing his leg. She crossed her arms back up to her chest, jammed her right foot flat back on to the door, and went back to being angry with Troy. He kept hissing and grunting until the pain in his lower body completely went on by a few minutes later of rubbing.

"Rachelle look...I made a mistake," he cried out to her through the hollow wood. Unfortunately, she didn't budge nor speak at all.

"I made a huge mistake, alright? Now, I'm trying my best to do everything in order to win back our friendship, but it seems like you don't even care because you won't even say one word. Rachelle, I'm not into Kaitlyn. I wasn't showing her how much I loved her, it was the other way around," he explained his head out to her. He turned back around and pushed his back against the wall in between them. Rachelle's eyes got widened up again once she heard the last thing he mentioned. She got in the eavsdropping mojo. She turned around, laid her right ear up to the door, and began to listen to every word he said loud and clear.