Chapter 1

"I can't believe it...," said Paisley, "This day is finally here." A tear from her long lashes began to run down her cheek as she couldn't believe that today would be her last day of high school. Once the principal announced her name, she knew that today is when her new life would begin. "Congratulations, guys. You all graduated," said the principal. Everyone celebrated by throwing their caps up in the air.

Later that day after Paisley's graduation party, she began to work on her college application to Yale University in the state of Connecticut. Word after word, the more Paisley wrote, the more anxious she got of pursuing her dream.

"Paisley, are you ready to mail your letter?" asked her mother.

"Yes, mother," replied Paisley. Paisley then quickly rose up from her chair and skipped down the stairs heading toward the mailbox. She opened the mailbox and stuck the sealed envelope inside.

"This is it," Paisley began. "Whether I get accepted or whether I don't, this letter right here is what will determine my future and the new life ahead of me." Paisley shot a glance over at her mother as she closed up the mailbox. "Now we wait," Paisleu said to herself. Two weeks later, Paisley received a letter in the mail.

"Honey, you got something in the mail. It could possibly be from Yale," said Aunt Bonnie. Paisley immediately began sprinting down the hall to retrieve the letter. She snatched the envelope from her mother's hands and began ripping it open to shreds. Once she opened it, she became speechless.

"I...I...I got in. I got accepted into Yale," screamed Paisley very happy.

"Congratulations honey," said Aunt Bonnie.

"Thank you...but wait...".

"What's wrong?"

"What am I going to do about Zack?" wondered Paisley.

"Oh...well I'm sorry to say this honey but...you're probably going to have to let him down easy," answered Aunt Bonnie.

"I guess you're right...well I'm going to have to break up with him," said Paisley.

"I'm very sorry, honey."

"Well...I'm going to go call him and mett up with him," said Paisley as she began pulling her phone out to call Zack. Later that night, Paisley arrives at the Malt Shop to break the news to Zack.

"Hey sweetheart," said Zack getting up from the table to hug his girlfriend.

"Hey," said Paisley.

"So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" asked Zack as him and Paisley were sitting down at the dinner table. Taking a deep breath, Paisley was hesitanting to spill the beans to him about her leaving.

"Um, this is going to be very hard for you and me both..." she began. "Remember when I applied to Yale University?"

"Yes...why?" replied Zack.

"Well, I have some great news and some not so great news," said Paisley.

"What's the great news?"

"I got a letter this morning from the college saying that I got accepted into the college."

"Oh my gosh Paisley. I am so happy for you. Congratulations."

"Thank you..." said Paisley losing her breath.

"So, what's the not so great news?" asked Zack.

"Yale is in Connecticut and after four years of attending that college, I'm not coming back," replied Paisley. Zack couldn't believe the mysterious words that was about to come out of Paisley's mouth at this very second.