Chapter 4

Once they arrived to Aunt Bonnie's house, Rachelle began to receive butterflies in her stomach. She wasn't sure about what was about to occur within the next few moments. Lyndsay looked over at Rachelle with happiness. "Well, come on," she insisted. But before she reached for the door, Rachelle snatched her a from behind her which caused her to fall and land on her back on the ground.

"Really?" questioned Lyndsay.

"I'm sorry, Lyndsay, this just really bothers me," said Rachelle as she helped her up.

"It's okay," responded Lyndsay wiping the dirt off of her jeans. "Sweetie, I know this is hard, but we're detectives and it's our duty to accomplish things. Some things in life we have to push ourselves to get through hard times, even if it really bothers us. Now, I'm here for you and I'll do whatever it takes to help you overcome this crime." Rachelle smiled at her best friend, knowing that she can always count on her through tough times. "Thank you, Lyndsay. I'm glad that I know that I can count on you," said Rachelle. Lyndsay flashed a big smile. "Just only, that's not exactly what is bothering me."

Lyndsay was shocked in confusion. "Okay," she said sarcastically. "Then what IS bothering you?"

"All I know is that that sheet devil Aunt Bonnie is on the other side of that door, eavesdropping on our conversation, just waiting for us to open that door so that she can whack me as hard as she can with that stupid shotgun of hers," explained Rachelle.

"Oh my gosh, Ray," began Lyndsay. "Think to yourself, who is more important: your cousin's death and helping her out or your aunt who doesn't have that much of an impact on your life?" Rachelle sighed, looking at Lyndsay with a depressed look on her face.

"Okay...," said Rachelle breathing heavily. "Let's do this."

"That's my girl," admitted Lyndsay. The two of them headed for the front door of Aunt Bonnie's house. "Aw man, it's locked," exclaimed Lyndsay jiggling the door handle.

"Oh well, looks like we won't be able to work on the mystery," said Rachelle sarcastically as she began to slowly walk off in the other direction before she was caught by Lyndsay. Rachelle made a disgusted look on her face, wishing she hadn't jinxed her best friend. "Dang it...," she said quietly to herself.

"Never fear, I got a bobby pin," suggested Lyndsay winking at Rachelle. Lyndsay took a hold of the door knob, opened up her bobby pin, and quietly began to wiggle and jiggle her way inside, shushing Rachelle every time she spoke a word so that she could concentrate on her task.

"I'm telling you, it's not going to work, we're not gonna...,"admitting Rachelle.

"Got it," yelped Lyndsay very happily.

"Oh dear," thought Rachelle. Winking at Rachelle, Lyndsay pulled out the bobby pin from the doorknob and placed it back in her hair. "Never underestimate a girl and her hair accessories," she said. "Well, what are we waiting for, let's go." Lyndsay grabbed Rachelle's hand and went for the door, but Rachelle didn't budge, causing Lyndsay to land straight down on her butt.

"Really... Are you seriously going to do that again?"said Lyndsay wiping the dirt off the back of her pants. "You're getting in that house, one way or another, even if I have to push you." Her eyes got really wide. "Push...push...that's it." She was giving Rachelle a devious look through her eyes like she was up to something. Rachelle was silent. Lyndsay went around, standing behind her best friend, and pushed Rachelle as hard as she could using all the strength she had. Nothing happened: she tried again: nothing happened. "Third time's the charm," she said to herself. She pushed and pushed until she began to feel Rachelle's feet sliding on the concrete until Rachelle put her hands up on the doorway in order to make Lyndsay stop.

"What the heck?" said Lyndsay grunting her teeth. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel comfortable doing this," explained Rachelle. Lyndsay stopped, but with a few moments later, she came running towards Rachelle and jammed her through the front door, causing Rachelle to fly and hit the wall, landing stomach first on the floor. Rachelle got up from the floor being very angry with Lyndsay.

"I love you," muttered Lyndsay making the heart symbol with her hands. Crossing her arms and squinting her eyes with disgust, Lyndsay could tell she wasn't going to get a response from Rachelle.

"Okay, I can see you're a little upset but we don't have time for this, so come on." She grabbed Rachelle's wrist and the two of them scurried up the stairs to the crime scene. A few moments later, they arrived at Paisley's bedroom door. "You do the honors," suggested Lyndsay. Reluctantly, Rachelle opened up the door without any hesitation. "She's lying on the floor on the other side of her bed." Out of nowhere, Lyndsay grabbed Rachelle and hugged her as tight as she could, showing her love and affection for her best friend's loss.

"I'm so sorry Ray...for everything," she said. "I'll always forgive you," Rachelle began. "I lost an important person in my life, and I'm not going to do anything stupid because I don't want to make that same mistake again. I lost one and I don't want to lose the other one." "Well...," said Lyndsay taking a hold of Rachelle's hand. "You're not going to lose me because I'm not going anywhere. I'm never leaving your side. And, I'll even be your

Paisley." Rachelle cracked a smile and giggled with laughter. "We going to get through this?" Rachelle took Paisley's hand and held it tight. "Yes, we are, we will get to the bottom of this." "Yes, she's back...that's my girl," cried Lyndsay. Rachelle flashed her a sarcastic smile, rolling her eyes. She froze seconds later with a bored look on her face. "Ray, what's wrong?" freaking out Lyndsay. "What's that in her trashcan," questioned Rachelle anxiously, shakingly pointing out her left index finger. "Hand it over," she said looking at Lyndsay, then the trashcan, then back to Lyndsay.