Chapter 9

On a sunny hot day after school, Kaitlyn James was all pumped up to relax in her lounge chair by the pool. When she used her key to get into her house, she rushed herself straight up to the bedroom. As she moved her body through the door, she quickly witnessed a mysterious shadow watching her through the bedroom window from across the street. She swallowed a big gulp of fear as her eyes shot up quite bug-eyed.

Without glancing back out through the stainless glass, she slowly left it as she went to her closet to change. After she switched into her bikini swimsuit, a thought automatically jammed into her realization. She rushed back over to the glass to see if that mysterious figure was still having its eye on her. When she got to the glass and opened the window, she looked all over the neighborhood to soon realize that the figure was nowhere to be seen. Realizing that she was just only seeing things, she knew it couldn't have been anything too serious. She leaned back her head and closed the window, leaving it unattended. Little did she know in which the figure was still there: he just couldn't be spotted that easily.

When he saw her walk out of her bedroom, he squinted his eyes and began to slowly walk away. She was feeling all quite confident, thinking she hasn't gone crazy she she made her way to the pool in the backyard. When she arrived at her favorite lounge chair, she kicked herself back and relaxed. Feeling all safe and sound, she took her red heart-shaped sunglasses out from her handbag and laid them on top of her nose to cover up her hazel eyes.

Soon enough, she applied a self-tanning lotion all over her bare skin and unexpectedly fell asleep while she sunbathed. Several minutes later, that same mysterious figure showed up again, only at the gate to the backyard this time. It seemed like he was on to her. He sneakily looked over the wooden gate to see her not expecting anything. He searched around to make sure it was all clear and backed his business up. He was ready to strike on his next victim any minute now.

He kneeled down to level his eyes with the lock on the gate and quietly began to jiggle on the handle. When it was opened wide enough for him to slither through, he made on his way to do his business. Unfortunately, he didn't realize that she had woken up. When he held up his murder weapon, Kaitlyn saw the reflection of him through her lenses and reluctantly reflexed.

She grabbed her handbag and flung it across him in the side of the head. The harsh thonk caused him to roll over to the sidelines away from her. She hurriedly jumped up from her lounge chair and tried to make a break for it. Sadly, she didn't get quite far because he eventually caught up to her. He could smell fear coming from her, so he threw the lounge chair at the back of her scalp. She fell down to the grass but was still moving and squirming which bothered him. As she began to calmly crawl away to escape from him, he snatched some handcuffs from his back pocket.

He hooked on the free end to her ankle while the other end was attached to an anchor. With the heavy force attached to her body, it made escaping more difficult for her. He then lifted up the anchor and tossed it, along with Kaitlyn, down into the pool. As the heavy object took Kaitlyn down 6 feet under water, she began to lose consciousness. She would swim and swim up to the surface, but she soon drowned herself in the chlorine water. Once he did what he had to do, he left her floating in the water, unconscious as he left her backyard.

A few hours later, Mr. and Mrs. James had arrived home from a long day at work. When they got into the houe, Mr. James went to go grab Kaitlyn for dinner while his wife went into the kitchen to cook the food. He walked up the staircase to Kaitlyn's bedroom. Mistakenly did he realize that when he headed up there, his daughter was nowhere to be spotted in her privacy. He soon thought she was in the bathroom freshening up, so he left the bedroom and searched the bathroom.

He noticed that the door was shut, but he didn't want to be rude by barging in. "Hey, Kaitlyn. Dinner will be ready soon so come on downstairs when you're threw okay?" he informed as he knocked on the door like any other gentlemen would do.