FAQs

FAQs

Q. Where do I post my form? 

A. Every critic has two pages: 'About Critic (Name)' page and 'Request Critic (Name)' page. You have to post your forms on the 'Request Critic (Name)' pages, only.

 You have to post your forms on the 'Request Critic (Name)' pages, only

Q. Is this service only for books written in English?

A. At the moment, yes.

Q. What should I do if my book belongs to a particular genre but contains elements of another genre as well that my critic doesn't critique?

A. If your story only has minor elements of the other genre, then you can simply mention that in your request. However, for example, if your story has a Fantasy-Romance plot but you've categorised the book in Romance, we advice you to request the critic who critiques both Romance and Fantasy, rather than requesting a critic who critiques either of the two genres only.

Q. Can we request the same critic to review two of our books at the same time or after some time of the first request?

A. Yes, you can request the same critic to review as many of your books as you want and at any given time. However, for every separate book critique, you'll need to post a separate form and complete separate payments

Also, please note that it's not necessary that the critic will accept your second request as well if they accepted your first request. Accepting or denying any request solely depends on the critics.

Q. Can I request critiques for the same story from different critics at the same time or after some time of requesting the first critic?

A. Yes, you can request more than one critic to critique the same story at any given time. However, you'll have to post separate forms for each critic you request and complete separate payments as well.

Q. Some of the critics' About pages say they critique FanFiction books, but don't specify which fandoms they critique. How can I know if I can request critiques for my fandom from them?

A. Yes, some of our critics do critique FanFiction stories but as it would get too difficult to list all the fandoms they would be interested in critiquing, we don't have that information available on their About pages in this book. 

However, to find out if a critic will critique a story of your fandom, ask them. The best way to do this is to post a comment on their 'Request Critic' page and ask if they will be interested in your request. Don't forget to tag them in your comments.

Have A Query?

Have a question you wish to ask about A Writer's Desk Critiques service that hasn't been answered before or you're confused about?

Comment below or PM us on A Writer's Desk's main account. We will answer your questions to the best of our ability. Thanks!