II Ciel Phantomhive | So We Meet Again

Dedicated to JoJo101010, thank you for being the first to request! ^-^

There was almost absolutely nothing to do at the office, besides paperwork, that is. I was busy staring outside my office window and staring at the night sky, which was a beautiful shade of navy blue and decorated with dazzling stars. I sighed, gazing happily at the sight. I guessed that Grell must've thought it was a sign that I was love-sick.

"You miss that human, don't you, darling?~" He purred, looking at me with a knowing glint in his eye from behind his newspaper. I rolled my eyes, realizing that he was speaking about the boy I had met about a month ago.

"I don't understand why you would ask that." I simply answered, causing Grell to scoff in disbelief. He stood up from his chair and shook me by the shoupders eagerly, making me a tad bit dizzy.

"Grell, leave (Name) be. It's better to she keeps her mind away from that demon's snack." I laughed a little when Grell let out a strangled yelp and stood quietpy in a dark corner. I cleared my troat before adressing William.

"Ciel isn't a bad person. He's actually very interesting, well, in my own opinion." He only responded by pushing up his glasses, the glare on the frames hiding the expression in his eyes, which I bet, looked unamused. Grell returned from his corner to join in the conversation.

"You know what? We'll visit my darling Bassy and you can visit your boo~" I shook my head, chuckling awkwardly. Before William and I said anything, Grell took me by the wrist and dragged me back to the Phantomhive mansion, but I could hear William yelling in protest.

After jumping from rooftop to rooftop for a while, we finally arrived to the mansion. "Grell, we shouldn't be here! Let's go back!" I whisper-yelled, tuffing his suit in attemps to drag him back home. I didn't want to risk getting in trouble by the demon butler.

"Oh, hush!~ You need to see him, it's a Romeo and Juliet story, just like mine and Bassy's!~" I groaned in irritaion under my breath when he started squealing over Sebastian again. He dragged me inside, to where we find the servants and the lord in the dining room.

"Bassy! I'm here!~" Grell announced his presence flamboyantly, much to my dismay. I sigh, pushing up my glasses and waving awkwardly to the staff, who were happily greeting me.

I tried to avoid making eye contact with Ciel, even though I could feel his gaze on me. I glanced over him for a moment, only for to see him staring back at me with a small smile on his face. My face flushing into a faint pink. I could feel arms lightly push me towards Ciel.

"By the way, Ciel~ You have your own admirer, you should give her a chance~" My face turned to a darker shade of pink, clearly more visable now. Sebastian snickered while covering his mouth with his hand and the staff chattered eagerly about the topic. Once Ciel was in front of me, I could see that he had an obvious red blush on his cheeks.

"Grell, be quiet! I'm very sorry about our intrusion, milord. We'll be taking our leave, now, if you'll excuse us." I grabbed Grell by his ear and was ignoring his pritest before a voice called out to stop us.

"Stay." I halted in my tracks, turning bavk around and eventually releasing Grell, much to his relief. I push my glasses up again and cleared my throat, looking at him with a slight glare.

"What was that?" Ciel walked towards me, adjusting his eyepatch a bit.

"Stay for a moment, it's been a dreadfully long time since we've last seen each other or had a decent conversation. Would you care to join me on the balcony?" I stared at him in shock and I could feel a greater heat on my cheeks, my face undeniably turning into a darker shade.

"She would love to! Go on, dear." Grell pushed me towards Ciel again and took us to the balcony, where he shut the door behind him. I sigh under my breath and walk towards the railing, leaning my weight onto it and keeping my gaze on the sky above us.

I could feel Ciel walk over beside me and mimicking my actions, neither of us saying a word. The silence wasn't awkward nor strange, it was a comfortable one, one where we both didn't feel the force to say something to each other.

"So, you're an admirer of mine?" Ciel spoke in his usual tone, but the smirk on his face revealed that he was teasing me. I scoffed slightly under my breath, blowing away a strand of hair away from my eyes. Although, it would be a lie if I said I wasn't embarrassed from his statement.

I play with the cuffs of my sleeves as a distraction from looking at the boy standing beside me. "I do not understand where you get that idea, Lord Phantomhive." I mumbled in a quiet voice, also trying to hide the flustered undertone in my voice.

I turned my gaze back to him when I thought I heard him snicker a bit, only to see him covering his lips in an attempt to hide his laughter and amusement. I turned my face away, crossing my arms onto my chest.

Thought it was subtle, I could feel him ruffle my hair a bit and quickly removing his hand away from my head. Even if it wasn't for a minute, Ciel's touch felt comforting and inviting, it somehow made my heart beat a bit faster than it normally would. I sighed, turning towards him and showing a small, hesitant smile, which surprised him. In return, Ciel smiled as well, a genuine smile painted on his face that made him look even more handsome than usual.

"(Name), I think it's time for us to go." I tensed when I heard William's voice behind me. I mentally groaned in annoyance, reluctantly turning to look him in the eyes. Surely there he was, Grell being dragged by his collar behind him and who seemed to be unconscious?

"Milord, it is past your curfew." I could hear Ciel lightly scoff when Sebastian appeared behind him. I sighed but before I began walking towards William, I embraced Ciel in a hug, which surprised both him and myself. I was even more shocked when I felt him wrapped his arms around me before I could extract my arms.

A few moments passed before I let go of him, quickly walking to William's side. The said man glared at Sebastian and Ciel one last time and pushed his glasses before taking off with Grell and I by his side. While on the journey back to the office, I could hear William clear his throat accusingly, looking at me with his sharp gaze, which basically meant-

"What happened back there?" I chuckled awkwardly, paying attention on the path in front of us instead of his gaze. I could hear Grell squeal, and I sighed, already knowing what was about to come. He ripped himself from William's grip and grabbed my shoulders, shaking them roughly, making me a tad bit dizzy.

"This is perfect, (Nickname)! You're getting close to your love~ Young love, isn't it beautiful, William? Just like ours back in the day-!" When Grell was in the middle of his fangirling session, he was interrupted with a hard knock on the head with William's custom scythe. I sweatdropped when William, nearly left him lying on the roof and continued to the next one.

"I still can't believe that he is a grown man or that you hugged that child like nothing." He shuddered slightly, looking a bit pale from the memory. I laughed at his reaction, sympathetically patting his shoulder before dragging Grell behind me by his collar myself.

When I was a bit ahead of William and away from a reasonable hearing distance, I whispered to myself with a small smile. "Ciel Phantomhive, huh? I wouldn't mind seeing him again..."