Camp

After taking an array of turns, walking up miles of stairs, leaving behind bloody footprints, and awkward silence, we finally arrived to the so called 'camp' that was so important. The man walked over to a giant window instead of taking the stairs down like we had so many millions of times.

"There it is." He motioned his gun, which he had gotten out long ago, downward in a circular motion,toward the camp I'm guessing. I gingerly walked over to where he was standing, due to my feet being raw from the walk.

"That's it?" I said at the sight before me.

In a linear pattern, homes stood tall and proud, made from wood that was clearly found in the forest that lay off to the right. The logs were laid facing upward toward the starless sky. Mud covered the open spots on them, the shacks looking like they were made by the Native Americans is the 1300's. Light shown from the open spot of their homes, I'm guessing for smoke,acting as little spotlights that said 'Here we are! Come find us and kill us!'

"Doesn't look all that efficient."I stated, turning around to the stairs once more, wanting to continue walking before my feet got feeling again. The man took one last look over his shoulder at the campsite, then turned and followed me down. Each step down made the temperature 5 degrees cooler, or at least that's what it felt like. My feet were numb, the ankles down having bled out the nerves.

"I can't feel my feet." I complained for the first time since I came with him on this suicide mission.

He glanced down at my feet, looking to see if my claim measured up to what my feet looked like. I imagine they did, due to the look of disgust that came across his face upon further inspection. I took the notion to sit down and raise up my feet, so he could get a better look at what was wrong with them. Although, this just made him cringe more.

"Walk gingerly, we're almost there." He said, looking away, acting as if he was about to puke. That made me sincerely wonder what they actually looked like. I turned up my feet, and the shock was that followed was inconceivable.

My once soft feet were cracked, spiderwebs of skin being pulled away from each other shooting up from every end. Dirt in those cracks, underneath, dying the cracks brown if not for the blood. The blood. There was blood, dried and fresh, caked onto my soles, raw meat clearly shown from the thin parts of the red paste. My toenails were ragged, one of them ripped off. But the ripped toenail didn't compare to the way my toes were. Each toe seemed to crook at a highly unnatural angle, and for some of them you could just see white poking out of the sides. The sight was so horrible it made me want to cower and hide.

My hand shook as I put my feet back down on the ground, scared by how it was still attached and the pain that I could not feel.

"I don't think that walking could do that." Said my guardian. I nodded my head in agreement, knowing if I talked my last meal would project itself onto the floor.

I closed my eyes, leaning my head against the wall, wondering what could have happened. How could it have happened? How could any of this have happened? Could any of this be real? Maybe it's a dream...That's it. A dream. It's not real, never has been, I've just imagined every last bit of this.

I grabbed my head as these thought filled it, something was asking questions, questioning my life. Am I alive? Maybe I died and went to hell. Maybe I was alive and this is my hell.

Unknowingly I started to rock back and forth, afraid of me, all of humanity, of everything. My fear overcame my questions, so when my guardian gently grabbed one of my hands I could hear screaming from a distance. I didn't know that I had started but my yells continued and bounced off the walls causing anyone who even had ears to cover them in pain. The fear controlled my brain, and how I thought. 

  What am I doing? Who am I? Why am I here? I don't want to be here. I want to be home...

My thoughts caused me to drift off into slumber, although it was anything but sweet.  

A/N  DUH DUH DUH VERY CRAPPY CLIFFHANGER I'M SO SORRY