New Guy

I sat there for what felt like an eternity before the oak doors opened. The creaking sound made me assume they hadn't been opened in a while, but the dust not falling lead me to rethink, and find that it had been opened before. I closed my eyes, not wishing to see my kidnapper, but instead heard him.Slow, heavy footsteps walked up to the bed that I was attached to. I heard a thump, maybe the dropping of a gun. My chains were removed one by one, each one dropped to the floor. I opened my eyes to a clean shaven man standing above me, calmly removing my restraints. Brown clothes with an emblem of some unknown organization on his breast pocket.

The emblem was gold, with the back of a human crouching in the center. A beautiful scene surrounded the human, but the most spectacular part was the wings that erupted from the man's back. They were grand and reached up and wrapped itself around the emblem, with feathers falling down a short ways down the pocket.

Maybe he was part of some sort of religious cult that enjoyed kidnapping and killing young girls. Whatever, as long as he was here to get the blood flowing again. His hands gingerly removed each chain somehow, and I soon could feel blood circulating to each of my limbs once more. Once they were removed he looked down at me and straight into my eyes.

"Let's play a little game called escape." He whispered in my ear.

"So you're not going to kill me?"I asked with surprise as I managed to sit up.

"Not unless you keep speaking, then I will slit your throat, gather the blood, put it in a cake, and call it red velvet." He spat back at me. He reached down his hand to pick up something. I flinched, expecting a grenade or something, but it was just his gun. He slung it across his shoulder and seemed more relaxed once it was there.

"That's a .308. You're a sniper?"I said to him, pointing at the gun.

"A guns a gun." He said, sounding offensive. "It's just something to point, shoot, and kill." He turned and walked toward the door, not looking back to see if I followed.

I watched him walk for a few seconds,taking in what just happened. He's clearly part of a group, more than likely religious, unless the emblem stands for hierarchy. Mr.Gun Man was very offensive when I asked about him being a sniper,meaning he wasn't and wanted that position in the ranks. Well, at least now I knew a little bit about them.

I swung my feet out of bed, my legs numb from not moving for such a long time. My pale feet touched the ground for the first time in hours, the cold traveling up and making my body shiver. The Gun Man was already at the door when he finally turned around to look at me. I was running toward him, my feet apparently having forgotten how to be silent because they were slapping against the floor and echoing all about the room. When I caught up with him he gave me a look of disapproval and motioned me out of the doorway and into the hallway. The stone under my feet had gotten ten times colder once I was stationed in the hallway. 

Stone slabs covered the floor, with rocks stacked on top of one another for walls. Cold radiated from each and every end of the room, goosebumps rising up on my arms, causing me to wrap them around my body, making me suddenly aware that I was just wearing a plain,white nightgown that only came down just at my knees. I heard a sound similar to a cannon being fired come from behind me, making me spin around faster than I thought possible to see gun man closing the door. He made sure that the door was secured well, then turned around to look at me. At a more thorough look at him, he wasn't all that tall. His bald head and the bags under his eyes gave the impression he was older than he seemed. Torches lined the walls, lightening the walls, making every detail noticeable. Dark puddles covered the floor, the noticeable splatters circled each one.

"What happened?" I pointed down to the stains when he gave me a look of confusion.

"Oh, those. Blood." He said and started to walk down the hallway, acting as if it was the most normal thing that there was dried blood on the floor.

"Hey where are we going?" I started to follow him down the hallways, passing over the blood, the thought of who's it was arising, then quickly being pushed back down. No need to think about the people who might have laid there dying for hours.

"Someplace where you shall be safe."He tone gave me the idea he was finished, that that topic was not to be discussed, but I pushed him for more anyways.

"But where-"

"I wasn't finished." He said,interrupting me. "We're going across the grounds over to base.There you will be given a bed, no restraints this time, food, water, et cetera. You can do whatever you want, but you can't leave for three days. After those you are allowed to go wherever the heck you want. This organization is a place for people like you and me.People with special powers. You're special, you just don't know it. It's not my place to tell you, but you will find out soon. "He stopped to look at me in the eyes. "Now I'm finished."

I opened my mouth to say something in return but no remark came to my mind. Instead I just nodded my head showing my understanding. He searched my face for a moment looking for something, what? I didn't know. After a second he nodded back at me and turned the corner, making his way through the maze called a hallway. I walked after him, my bare feet making a sound every time contact was made against the floor.

Stones pointed up into the air, poking my feet every time I set them down. Pain shot up my leg, making me wince. I had probably cut the soles on this floor. Perfect. My feet were bleeding, I was kidnapped by a thing, chained to a bed, and now a religious cult 'saved' me and is taking me to their camp to probably dissect and experiment on. Yep, living the dream.

A/N sorry for the long and/or late update. I might just post everyday until its all posted then i might write depression poem book cause reasons