The meeting

She finished quickly-and technically- her homework and after she packed her bag she looked at her phone. Fear answered at her reply:Great! Um...What about 6:00 p.m,at the café near our school? What do you think?

"He texted me back" she thought and then she wrote him back: Great idea. See you soon!

Fear was very happy. He kinda asked her out but with the simplest words. For him,the words "Will you go out with me" were the second scariest words he could say. The first were "I love you"! He searched inside of his wardrobe to find the perfect outfit that would impress Joy. At the end,he decided to wear his every-day outfit.

Before Joy would find her outfit she realized that she forgot to tell to her parents.

"MUM! DAD!" she yelled.

"What happened honey?"they both answered.

"One of my new friends texted me to meet. Can I go? Please,please,please,please!!!"she pleaded.

Her parents giggled. The same time her brother smiled "I bet you can...I mean if the adults say yes (^_^)! They let me do that too and also you are big enough to go out.Right mum? Dad?"

"Alright. You can go" laughed Jay,Joy's dad.

She smiled pleased and then hugged them,thanking! Then she went upstairs to get ready. It was 5:00 p.m,so she had one hour to be ready.Her normal dress was alright for that situation. She picked up a chartreuse bag with a cute blue,star on the corner and put her phone and other things that are necessary for a girl in it.

5:45 p.m! She was ready to leave when her brother whispered in her ear:"I bet it's a boy. Isn't it? If it was a girl you would be late at your meeting by now! he joked.

"Yeah it is...but you know I never do that!" she answered.

"I was just joking! How is he called?"he questioned.

"Fear"

"Cool! I hope you're going to have fun"

"I sure will"she giggled.

She went out. The cafeteria was close to her house so soon she reached it. Fear was already there waiting for her.

"Am I late?"she questioned.

"No,you're not! I just came too early about the fact that you could be already here before me. It's exactly 18:00!" Fear exclaimed.

They went inside and sat on a random table near the window. Soon,the waiter came to take order."Hello. What would you like to order?"she asked.

"Um...I'd like a hot tea please" replied Fear"Joy? What do you want?"

"I'd like a hot chocolate please"she answered.

"Alright,one cup of tea and one hot chocolate.Coming" said the waiter and walked away.

The weather started being a little cold for September,so two hot drinks were perfect to feel warm.

"So..."started Fear"I really meant when I said that I'm glad that I bumped on you"

Joy smiled warmly."Me too. I have to say that it's a very new experience for me to that new school. I still feel like a stranger. And I still can't believe that I might be an emotion one day. It is odd"

"I-I know...I felt that way too. I came to that school the past 2 years. They accepted me because of my huge nervousness and fears...I guess that my emotional way will have to be something with fears and protection."he continued the conversation.

"You know...My bigger brother was at that school too. Now he's studying at the Collage Headquarters because sadly he didn't made it as a main emotion"she confessed.

"Well at least you still have him...My mum made it before 3 years that she went at the Collage Headquarters and now she is a main emotion. I miss her but I know she'll never come back" he replied.

"I'm sorry for her but...hey don't worry! I know it sounds obvious because we only know each other only for some hours but...if you need me I'll be here! I dunno if that sounds that weird,but I want to help if you feel bad about her. What are the new friends for,if they can't help?"Joy exclaimed sweetly.

Fear teared up but before Joy could see it,he wiped his tears."Thank you. I really appreciate it!"

They hugged and then Joy continued,"My pleasure"

The waiter interrupted them."Here you are." and with this words she lied their drinks on the table.

"Thank you" they both thanked her.

Then Joy continued talking to Fear. "Thanks for inviting me to meet"

"My pleasure. You are such a good companionship" he said

"Really?"she questioned.

"Of course"he answered

"You too" she finished.

That afternoon Joy went back home wearing her biggest smile! She made a true,true friend that would be there for her. What more did she wanted for her new beginning?