Chapter Eight: Lucy

And thus, chapter eight. I finished chapter nine... chapter ten, that's another story.....

But that's not for you to worry about XP I'll have it done, I promise. And if I don't, sue me.

Enjoy this one!

 Lucy was really confused.

The last thing she remembered was seeing Natsu - her Natsu - trapped in a swirling sphere of colored particles. She could hear him choking, and she could tell from his voice the pain he was in, but he still only cared about her, and keeping her safe. It broke her heart. But the moment the strange figure grabbed her, she blacked out again. She didn't know if Natsu was released, or rescued, or if the figure went back for him, or if he was --

I have to get out of here.

But she had awoken to something that was the opposite of what she expected.

She had been kidnapped. She had watched her best friend tortured before her eyes. She expected to be in a prison cell, chained, neglected food, until she was either killed or saved. That wasn't even close to what she opened her eyes to.

She opened her eyes to sunlight.

The first thing she noticed was that she was not, in fact, on a cold, stone prison floor. She was lying on a thick bed, her head propped up on a plush pillow. She was incredibly comfortable, but that made the whole situation so incredibly wrong.

Upon opening her eyes, she was greeted with light pouring in through a window near her head. The room was fairly large, furnished with the bed, a desk, a sofa, a table, and a kitchenette. An open door on the opposite side of the room revealed a bathroom. The wallpaper was baby pink, the curtains and bedsheets a slightly darker shade.

She sat up slowly, and realized she was not in her normal clothes; she was wearing loose-fitting pink pajamas. She spotted her clothes lying on the desk. But she wondered who changed her, and the thought made her cheeks flush a light red.

Swinging her legs over the bed, her feet brushed the lush carpet on the floor. It felt like silk. Was she really a prisoner? The room was too nice, but this wasn't the home of anyone she knew. She walked over to the window and glanced outside, but she didn't recognize the view. It was simply forest. She considered breaking out, but noticed something within the glass - wire. It would be impossible to break the window. So not only did she not know where she was, but she didn't know what she was - prisoner or guest?

Whatever I am, the person who took me still hurt Natsu. That makes them my enemy.

Okay. Confession time.

Maybe she liked Natsu. She wasn't sure yet, but she felt something for him that she felt for no one else, and she didn't know what it was. There was something about him, whether it was his smile, his confidence, his strength, his loyalty, or what, but it made her mind go numb. But it didn't matter. She could tell that he didn't like her back.

Anyway, she brushed the thought from her mind and changed into her normal clothes, noticing instantly the lack of her keys, but she couldn't do anything about it. A search of the room came up empty. Since there wasn't anything in the bathroom, she had to settle for running her fingers through her hair, but it turned out fine. When she left the bathroom, she noticed another door she hadn't seen. Curious, suspicious, she opened it, but was met with a hallway.

It was a long hallway that stretched left and right. To the left, it ended after a few more doors; but to the right it continued for farther than she could see. She didn't have anything better to do, so she started down the hallway.