8: Connected

Chapter Eight: Connected

"Oh god..." I gasped.

I stepped into the room and the door slammed shut behind me. I jumped but stayed in my place,staring at the view before me.

It was the man I met when I had that strange dream on the beach.

He had chains hanging from his ankles and hands and there were large gashes on his stomach,it looked like someone went all Freddy Krueger on him.

I wrapped my arms tighter around my naked and still wet body and knelt down before him.

"Who are you?" I asked.

Slowly,the man lifted his head to look at me.

His face was all dirty and there was dry blood sitting under his nose that had gone over his lips and all the way down his neck.

I felt so bad for his man. Whoever did this I wanted to do worse then what they did to him because I still felt like I knew this man from somewhere but I just couldn't remember from where...His face is so familiar.

The man opened his mouth to speak and I knew that he was trying to but all that came out was heavy coughs.

I scanned the dimly lit room for water or anything that could help him feel better.

To my relief there was a pitcher of water and a paper cup sitting on a small table beside the door.

I jumped up from the floor and ran over to it where I quickly poured him the water then ran back over to him and knelt down beside him. I lifted the cup up to his mouth and slowly poured it down his throat. He swallowed the water quickly then leaned back as if pushing the cup away. I took the hint and sat it down beside me.

"Is that better?" I asked while gently rubbing his back just like my mother always did when my asthma would play up when I was younger.

 The man nodded and stared at me when I pulled away.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"H-Hugh." He managed to croak out.

"Do I know you from somewhere?"

He shook his head.

I stared at him intently like I was trying to remember. But he was right,I hadn't met him but I had to have seen him from somewhere when his face looks so familiar. But he looks so weak right now that I shouldn't pry,I'll just try another time if I happen to somehow appear here again in this strange dream.

"Do you know where we are?"

He shook his head.

"Who did this to you?"

He shook his head.

I sighed and sent him a small smile,"It's okay,you can tell me."

Hugh opened his mouth to speak,but was cut off by a loud thud in the background.

I jumped up from my spot and frantically looked around the room for somewhere to hide.

I looked to Hugh for help but all that he did was shake his head and whispered something that I couldn't quite catch.

A bright light flashed before me and suddenly I was back in my shower sprawled on the shower floor with high water surrounding me since my foot was covering the shower drain. I pulled my foot away and stood up from the ground and turned off the taps and stepped out of the shower while wrapping a towel around my body.

I walked into my temporary room and sat down on the big soft bed thinking about what had just happened.

I had fainted in the shower and dreamt about that man again just like I had on the beach. It couldn't just be a dream,this dream was different to the one of the beach because this one didn't feel like a dream,it felt real.