1: Engulfed By My Possessive Alpha Mate

Chapter One

After my morning shower I sat down on the edge of my bed while running my fingers through my damp hair.

With a sigh I lay I get back up from my bed and head to my closet. I open it up and choose a pair of blue denim shorts and a simple white t-shirt and black sandals.

When I peaked outside my window and it looked as if it may be a hot day so I was happy with my clothing choice for the day since I would be working my shift at the local botanical garden.

I smiled,looking forward to being around all of the beautiful plants that I ran outside of my room and downstairs to grab a quick breakfast before I had to leave for work.

I made a piece of toast and covered it with Delicious honey then munched on it while I drank my coffee. When I was done I grabbed my favourite black messenger bag with a picture of a moon and a wolf underneath it on the side of my bag.

Finally ready for a long day at work I washed my cup up in the sink then left it out to dry then left the house. I didn't have a car so I had to rely on my feet to take me to the garden which was half an hours walk from my house there and back and that's why I prefer to work after school instead of my weekends because at least that way one of my friends would give me a ride.

So today I had to walk.

Well,at least until my parents get back from their little vacation.

When I took a step outside my door I closed it behind me then took my Ipod from out of my bag and placed the plugs in my ears,the music and lyrics flowing through my mind with ever beat. My legs took me to the garden without even my knowledge.

The next thing I knew thirty minutes had past and I was standing behind a the entrance desk reading a magazine in the small building beside the garden. I was to allow entrance with a small fee and to make sure that nobody even thinks about stepping or touching the plants.

Ding

I was too busy reading about the latest celebrity gossip that I didn't even bother to look up. "Ten dollars entrance per person,but kids are free. And just go through that door on the left and you'll be outside in the garden and please remember to not touch the plants! " I told whomever was standing on the other side of the desk.

"Thanks Babe," A deep flirty voice that belonged to a guy said when he placed a twenty dollar and a ten dollar note down on the desk. I looked up for a moment and met the guys eyes. He winked at me then went back to the entrance and stuck his head out,calling out to his friends.

"Hey Courtney!" He called,"Tell Bryant that we can go in now!"

Rude much? He could have at least gone outside and not yell that loud,he could have disturbed the plants!

When the flirtatious guy received an answer from his friend Courtney,he walked back inside and waited beside the door that I had pointed him to when he was ready to enter the garden.

He saw me watching him and he smirked.

I rolled my eyes and averted them back to my magazine but I had already hard all of this gossip about some new hot celebrity couples and upcoming movies,so I closed the magazine and pushed back my office chair and walked down the hallway leading to the female staff bathroom.

I pushed on the door and walked into the bathroom and stood in front of a mirror.

I took out a black hair tie and pulled my long chocolate brown hair together and tied it into a high pony tail so it was no longer making my light olive skin hot against it's touch since I had been sweating a little from walking all the way here.

I turned the tap on and cupped my hands underneath the water then bent lowered my face down a little and splashed the water on my face.

I felt refreshed and relaxed.

When I walked back to my desk I noticed that the guy was gone. I leaned over the office computer and clicked on the surveillance cameras to check that the plants weren't being harmed or that no horny teenagers were making out in the bushes.

I flicked through the cameras until I found the one that showed the guy and his two friends.

I could see his face and the girl named Courtney but I couldn't see the other guy,only the back of his head showing off his brown hair that he was running his finger tips through making it a little bit tousled.

For some strange reason I desperately wanted to see his face.

I have no idea why,but it was such a strong desire of mine but somehow I pushed that thought out of my mind and decided to check on the plants and the current temperature but avoid the small group of people.

I got up from my chair again and walked through the door down the hallway and walked out to the first part of the garden. All of the plants seemed to be healthy and the ones that bite were alive and well for they wouldn't stop snapping at me whenever I reached over to feel their leaves. "Fine,be that way you unappreciative little plant," I snapped then turned on my heel and stalked off immaturely. I chuckled to myself and walked down a pathway through a row of beautiful bushes surrounded by more exotic flowers.

That's why I loved this job. I got to be around such beautiful things that I couldn't bring myself to look away from,they were just damn to beautiful and they smelled amazing!

Just then after that thought another scent filled my nostrils.

It was manly,husky and mixed with a sexy smelling men's deodorant with a small hint of honey which made me want to smell and maybe even eat whoever was owning this scent.

I know for sure that it wasn't that guy who paid the entrance fee because he smelled a little different than this.

Suddenly the smell grew stronger and I knew that they were coming closer.

I frantically looked around to see who it was but there was no sign of them.

I frowned and walked back to the office building.

I pushed open the door and walked back inside,I headed over to my desk but stopped when a tingling sensation came from my right shoulder and spread throughout my whole body.

I looked over my shoulder and met the most amazing light blue eyes.

"Hello, my mate," He said with a predators grin.

I looked at him confused and then the realization hit me. He just said mate,I'm his mate!

My parents told me that they were mates and one day if I was lucky I would find mine. I have only shifted into my wolf around six times. It was fun to run in the forest to your hearts content but it wasn't really a big deal for me. I can go months without shifting.

My mate spun me around so I was fully facing him. He placed a hand to the side of my face to caress my cheek. "What's your name?"

"Stacy Mist," I answered almost immediately. I was shocked that this was actually happening,I mean,my parents told me about me having a mate but they didn't bother mentioning the signs of finding your mate.

I don't even want a mate!

He'll just end up ruining my plans for college!

and my education means everything to me,everything.

"I'm Bryant," He told me with a grin on his face,"It's amazing to have finally found you."

I felt myself blush from that comment.

"Now I can claim you as mine," He added.

I froze and leapt away from his hold, resulting in a growl from his part.

He pulled me back to him and whispered into my ear,"Mine."