Chapter 1

-12 years ago-

I had been a thief since I was a small child. We had to be sneaky and stay hidden to keep ourselves safe. It was just my mother, father, two sisters, one brother, and a few cousins. We had just raided a very wealthy family's home and were running from the guards. This was a normal thing for my family.

I was around 4 years old and my oldest sister had to make sure I didn't get left behind. She was carrying me, but she suddenly veers away from the rest of the family. She stops and hides me in a bush before telling me something and running off. I never knew what she said, but all I know was that it caused me to stay where I was.

I stay in the bush until the sun rises and sets again. My sister hadn't come back for me. My eyes start to water and I start to cry, being too young to know what danger my family and I were in. After an hour or two, a lady that barely looked over thirty found me. Her eyes were filled with kindness and interest.

"Are you okay?" She asks as I notice that she was with another child around 2 years older then me and he was standing right next to her. I stay quiet, not knowing how to answer. I had always been quiet and my parents had never really tried to get me to talk, so I was clueless.

"Rin. Why doesn't he answer?" The child ask, looking at me with big bright blue eyes and a small tilt of his head as he observes me.

"Now young master. Be nice, he's not from around here and as I can tell, he's younger than you." She says before she picks me up. "Don't worry. You're safe now." She tells me, a soft smile on her face before she lets the other child take her free hand and she starts walking towards a big house surrounded by a fence. This house was the house my family had just robbed.

-Present Day-

"Oww.. Rin. Stop." I say, pushing her away a bit before she gently hits my arm.

"We have to cover up that birthmark of yours." She says sternly, taking a step back and placing her hands on her hips.

"What's the use? Their gonna find out sooner or later." I argue before hearing a knock on the door, causing me to jump slightly.

"Rin. Seto. You are needed." The voice says. Oh.. That's right. Ever since Rin took me here, I had become her son and her master was my master.

"We will be out in a bit." Rin says, going back to making me look my best. Master was passing all his profits and earnings to his son, Brice, who was soon to be my new master. He and I had been friends as soon as Rin found me, so it would be quiet terrifying.

Except, Rin was the only one that knew I was from the family of mischief. Everyone knew that the family of mischief had a birthmark of a gem somewhere on their body. Unfortunately... I had the birthmark of amethyst on my shoulder.

Brice didn't even know about it. His family and mine, we're mortal enemies, and if anyone found out who I really was, then there would be no telling what they would do to me and to make matters worse, weird things started happening to me when I turned 15. I've been able to hide it, yet again, Rin knows. I had tried multiple times to just run away or to convince Rin to let me leave, but she always replied with "You can barely make cereal, how are you going to survive on your own?"which was quite annoying because of how true it was.

"Seto.. you have to be careful. Every master has their main... urm... apprentice.." She says, saying apprentice instead of slave. She had been Brice's father's main slave, and there was was a slight chance I would become Brice's main slave.

"I know. But he won't choose me.. He quit talking to me years ago." I say, frowning, still upset with how one day he just stopped meeting me at our little secret meeting place.

"But there is the small chance he may. If he does, I won't be able to protect you anymore. Keep your birthmark hidden and your powers as well. Plus, he became a very busy child, don't blame him for everything." She tells me in all seriousness and I nod reluctantly.

"I will.. I promise." I say quietly. Rin smiles and pushes me to the door, wanting me to get there on time to make a good impression.

"Now come on. We are going to be late." She says, fixing my hair and leading me to the main room.

When we get there, all the other slaves were already there. I flip up the hood of my cloak and sigh before hugging Rin. She hugs me back and then pulls away.

"Good luck. Stay safe." She says before I walk into the main room to stand with the others. Even though I was considered a slave, everyone knew I wasn't born into slavery, so I was considered an outcast.

"Oh look. It's the privileged slave Seto." One slave says, causing me to roll my eyes. They all thought I was privileged just because of me being taken care of by Rin.

"Why do you have the hood? What's with the cloak? Like your an assassin or something." Another says, laughing in amusement.

"Or a sorcerer." Another pipes up, which makes me frown, not liking that thought at all.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

((Hey guys! Decided to make a setosolace fanfic! I hope you all enjoy it because I really like this story so far and I actually drew the cover of it! Anyways! Hope you like it!))