Chapter 22

"Celina! I'm mean your highness, princess, Ms. Richards? I'm not sure what I should address you as?" Karen shrieked giving me a hug.

I nervously laughed as my group of friends surrounded me. After shaking hands and greeting familiar people from my past and some from the Halder pack. This is the group I was most nervous about seeing after the news of me being the royal princess was announced. Would they hate me for keep this big secret from them? Would they feel betrayed and not trust me as a friend? I sheepishly looked at everyone, "Celina of course! You are my friends?" I waited scanning the faces of Karen, Spike, Phoebe, Angel, Kyle, Dean Willow, Lana,Terry, Jericho, and Sawyer.

"Well, guys what do you think? She did lie to us?" Spike turned to the group debating if they should forgive me.

"I don't know?" Angel whispered looking down at her feet. Oh no they were really mad at me, not even sweet nature Angel could look at me?

"Are you crazy!!! Of course we are your friends!!" Karen yelled and everyone face beamed with smiles and they piled in giving me a group hug.

"I can't believe that you all did that to me. And Angel?" Angel grinned shrugging her shoulders.

"Seriously Celina, knowing that one of our best friends is the Royal Princess will definitely up our status in the pack!" Spike answered. Typical.

Kyle eyed my High Guard, "That definitely explains a lot. We all knew they were different... But High Guard?" Kyle exclaimed in awe. I glanced over to my ever protective guards catching Trevor's smiling eyes, Nikko and Jules showing off their new weapons to a bunch of girls, Sage and Raven talking amongst themselves, and Jace slowly scanning the crowd around us.

"Yep. They are great!"

"My princess." I turned at the now familiar voice of Devon approaching me from behind followed by some of his friends. I searched around him hoping to see Korin. A small part of me was still holding out a slither of hope that he would show up and claim me as his mate. But with the shake of Devon's head crushed that hope and sadness crept into my heart.

Karen stepped in front of me before Devon was within three feet of me. "What do you want? Now that she is a princess you want to be friends?"

"It's ok Karen, we have buried the hatred a while ago. Plus Devon has known that I was the princess for a while." I interrupted and Devon smirked at Karen.

"Yes Karen, i knew before you did. I will be the beta of this pack so show me a little respect."

"Respect is not given freely, Devon! Respect is earned!" Karen turned gave me a quick hug and stormed off. I was a little surprised at her attitude towards Devon but I let that go.

"Celina could I talk to you for a minute." Devon looked around us his eyes darting to Trevor. "Alone?"

"Ok." We walked a little ways from the group. Trevor stiffen but I reassured him that i was ok and that Devon had to tell me something.

"I tried talking to Korin, but I don't think he will accept you as queen." Devon's words sealing away any hope that Korin would change his mind and let me mark him. I closed my eyes briefly words swirling in my head until I could find the right ones for strength. I am the pure blood queen, my family is the packs under my care, and my mate is the great goddess. I repeated that sentence a couple more times in my head, my spirit filling me back up with courage. I opened my eyes landing on the worried ones of Devon. "Are you ok, Celina?"

"Yes I am Devon. I was prepared that Korin will not accept me."

"But if he doesn't accept you then you will not transform into your queen wolf? What will happen to you?"

"Devon, listen don't worry about it. Let's just focus on one problem at a time. Right now we have to get everyone together to fight the rogues." I place my hand on his shoulder giving it a squeeze of encouragement.

"Well princess, you know that I will do anything to help. I just want you to know that I think Korin is being an ass!" Devon grounded out making me chuckle. I linked arms with Devon pulling him back towards the group.

"So what's going on between you and Karen?"

"Nothing."

"Really she seemed a little agitated towards you?"

Devon sighed running his hand through his hair. "Well, she's my mate and she doesn't want to acknowledge it."

"What!!!!" My mouth flew open stopping me dead in my tracks. I couldn't believe what I just heard. "How long have you two known?"

"Three years. Three fucking long years." Devon took off and left me bewildered. I thought once you find your mate that you couldn't deny the bond. With me being an exception. Why didn't Karen tell me Devon was her mate.

"Celina I think it is time for us to go." Trevor placed his hand in the small of my back motioning me to leave. Karen and Devon's situation flew out of my mind and was replace with the image of me and Trevor mating. I took a deep breath and waved at the others. As we neared the back gate my nerves was threatening to cut off my air supply. Trevor's arm tighten around my waist giving me a squeeze of reassurance.

It seemed the hike to the caves took us hours not minutes to reach. I was on the verge of hyperventilating when Trevor encircle me with his arms. I don't know how long we stood in that embrace but the sound of his beating heart calmed me down. I was able to breath at a normal rate and my pounding heart no longer felt like it was going to burst out of my body. Trevor began stroking my hair and I sighed at his gesture.

"You feel better?"

"Yes."

"Look Celina if you are not ready then we can wait a little longer get you more comfortable with the idea of us mating. Maybe we can still persuade Korin to.."

I step away from Trevor facing the cave, Devon's words coming to the forefront of my mind. "No Trevor, Korin will not be persuade to mate me." I inhaled deeply turning back towards him. "Trevor I'm ready to mate with you. Let's not put this off any longer." I reached my hand out to Trevor waiting for him to place his hand into mine.

"Like hell you are!"

We both turned towards the intruder and I a pair of swirling silver eyes raged. Korin stood there seething his eyes moved slowly from me to Trevor. Trevor took one side step to stand in front of me which caused Korin to snarl with rage.

"Get. Away. From. My. Mate!" Korin was now visibly shaking his canines extending, he was a heartbeat away from turning into his wolf.

"Celina stay out of this." Trevor warned before transforming into his black wolf. I backed up and step to the side placing myself between the boulders. i knew that I couldn't reason with either of them and had to watch as my mate and my captain fight over me.