Chapter 5

I had been running the group ever since they left the training grounds a few hours ago. We patrolled in groups of two scouting the immediate borders around the pack house and the town for any potential problems and checking on the guards that were posted within a 100 mile radius. At first we were offended when the alpha sent Korin, his son, and about hundred other warriors off three days ago to engage the rogues that were attacking a town that was under our protection. The rogue attacks were becoming more frequent and more organized. The alpha explained with most of his experienced fighters gone he wanted the best to stay behind and protect the pack. That is what he said but I know that is not true. He didn't want us to go because he thought I would undermine his son. He was training Korin to take over the pack and he wanted his first big mission to go without the friction that occurred whenever we were together. We have always butted heads seeing which one was better. I can't explain why he got to me, he just did. And I did the same thing to him. We usually ended up in a tie with an occasional victory going to each of us throughout the years. With all that said, in battle I would follow orders because he would be my alpha.

Maybe it was fate that we didn't go or else I wouldn't have seen her.

Edginess, confusion, trepidation, with a touch of excitement were the feelings running through the group. And all of these feelings revolved around a five foot five tall bombshell with long black hair and the most amazing blue eyes. I tried to shake her image out of my head but my wolf wouldn't allow it. While I watched her sparring it took everything he had to restrain himself from stopping the fight. An overwhelming need to protect her bombarded his mind and it took Jace's hand to keep me grounded. But even Jace had growled a couple of times as he watched. Tension surrounded us and I needed answers. I howled sending the signal for everyone to head back to the pack house. In wolf form it would take us about an hour to return. That is when I felt it, my wolf started to flip, he was growling and whining at the same time. I could barely keep up with his emotions. Fear. Danger. Anger. I slid to a stop and looked over to Sage's brown wolf.

Trevor something is wrong and my wolf is going crazy. Sage started to paw at the ground.

Hey are y'all feeling it to. I broadcast the message to the others and they all confirmed the same thing. Then one image popped into all of our minds. Celina and a cliff.

What the hell was that, Jules screamed over the mind link. Shit.. Shit. Shit!

Jules shut up! Raven screamed her voice trembling.

I can't what the hell is happening to us! That chick is putting some mind Voodoo shit on us. I'm freaking out and no one is talking about it. She is scaring the crap out of me!

Niko who was partnered up with Jules gave him a warning growl.

Shut the hell up everybody! I've heard enough. Jules calm your shit down. I think she is in trouble. Now we can stand here and whine like bitches or go do what we do best. Fight. Now did anyone make out that cliff.

The hot springs by the pack house. Sage volunteered the information.

Let's go. Jules you in this.

Yeah Trevor. Sorry guys. Just had a mini freak out session. Won't happen again.

Yeah right. Niko scoffed at that statement.

My wolf had calmed down as did the others, but our wolves were still antsy. I pushed them a little faster. I had to get to her to make sure she was all right. We were about several minutes away when we all received a screeching wail over our mind link. Celina. My wolf kept shouting one word over and over. PROTECT! PROTECT! PROTECT! I increased my pace leaving the group behind. The scene before me made my heart drop. I was east of the cliff and I saw Celina standing on the ledge under the waterfall patting a wolf's head as she watched several wolves jumping up the cliff in the opposite direction. Then she was alone and she did the unexpected. She jumped. What the hell, why didn't she change into her wolf? She wasn't going to make it. Shit. He wasn't going to make it.

Jace get rid of those wolves I'm going after Celina.

I rounded the side of waterfall and I could see her at an angle. She barely made the last ledge and there was no way she could make the last one it was too high. Don't do it! Don't do it! I screamed but she couldn't hear. I saw her close her eyes and as she jumped I jumped shifting back into my human form grabbing for her hand.