Chapter Thirty-Four

This is really random but I think "Run to You" is the perfect song for this book

Like when Mitch is with Gordon it's the I have broken bones and tattered clothes. I've run out of time. part in the song

I don't know I thought I'd share my thoughts with you XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scott opens his eyes, squinting to get used to the morning light. He glances at his clock: 7:22. He sighs, running his hand through his hair in an attempt to tame it. Scott forces himself to get out of bed, deciding he should go and apologize to Mitch again.

He carefully inches down the hall, unsure which room is Mitch's. He peeks around one corner and freezes. There, in the middle of the room, is a shirtless Mitch. He's facing Scott, but miraculously doesn't see him, scanning the floor for something. His arms are wrapped around his torso self-consciously, but Scott wonders why. Even though he doesn't remember Mitch, he can tell that Mitch has no reason to be insecure. He's beautiful [ dang right ].

Suddenly, Mitch turns around and starts rummaging around in a drawer, revealing his back. The breath hitches in Scott's throat as he stares at the many long, thin scars lining Mitch's back. Then, all of his memories start rushing back.

"Hi, Scottie. Long time no see."

Scott accidentally gasps aloud, and Mitch whirls around, a scared expression on his handsome face. He relaxes slightly when he sees Scott, but his arms still come up to cover himself. "H-hi, Scott. D-did you sl-sleep w-well?" he asks, smiling nervously. Scott is silent, staring at him. Slowly, he walks towards Mitch, almost as though he's in a trance. Mitch's eyes widen in fear, and he backs away, wincing as his back hits the wall.

Scott stops right in front of Mitch and just stares at him for a moment longer. Mitch is visibly shaking, he's so terrified. "I-I-I'm s-sorry, s-sir. Wh-whate-ever I d-did, I-I'm s-sorry," he stutters, tears forming in his eyes.

Without a word, Scott slams his lips onto Mitch's, his hands automatically snaking around Mitch's waist to pull him closer. Mitch's eyes widen in surprise, but he kisses back, letting his eyes flutter close.

The pair finally breaks apart when air becomes an issue, Scott reaching his hand up to cup Mitch's cheek and resting his forehead against Mitch's as he catches his breath. Mitch uncertainly reaches up as well, his hand hovering over Scott's. "Are . . . are y-you o-okay, s-sir?" he asks tentatively. Scott smiles, his fingers ghosting over Mitch's lips. "I am now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OH MY GOSH IM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE AWKWARDLY SHORT CHAPTERS

I DONT REALLY HAVE ANYTHING IMPORTANT PLANNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER BUT ILL TRY VERY VERY HARD TO MAKE IT LONGER

IM SORRY DONT HATE ME PLEZ ;-;