Chapter Fifty

SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES

ALSO

I've planned the ending and I only have one thing to say about it

>:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's morning. Soft, gentle sunlight filters in through the windows, but Scott and Mitch are still sound asleep. Anyone who walked in their room right now would "aw" aloud. Mitch is totally on top of Scott, his arms falling to rest on Scott's shoulders. Scott's face is buried in Mitch's hair and his arms are wrapped tightly around his fiancé's waist. Their legs are intertwined, Mitch's foot underneath Scott's leg. The only sound in the room is the couple's soft breathing as they sleep.

Suddenly, Mitch starts to stir. His dark eyes flutter open and close soon after, a soft smile forming on his lips. He seems to savor the position he's in, wrapped in Scott's arms. Opening his eyes again, Mitch leans up and gently kisses Scott's jaw, resting his head back down on Scott's neck. He doesn't close his eyes, though. Mitch lies awake.

Scott wakes with a start, accidentally knocking Mitch off. Mitch's soft smile falters, but he forces it to remain on his lips. "A-are you al-alright?" he asks gently, placing his hand on Scott's arm. Scott jumps and quickly whips his head to face Mitch. Mitch flinches away, his eyes widening slightly with fear, but Scott relaxes when he sees Mitch. He smiles back, pulling the smaller boy back on top of him. Mitch slowly rests his head on Scott's chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. Scott gentle kisses Mitch's forehead.

"I'm sorry I knocked you off."

"It's al-alright."

"I just had a dream that . . . Never mind."

Mitch looks up at his fiancé, his lips tilted downward slightly in a small frown. "Wh-why won't you t-tell m-me?"

"Because . . . I don't want to bother you with my problems."

"S-Scott, I w-want to kn-know. P-please."

Scott sighs, his arms tightening around Mitch's waist. "When do you want to get married?" he asks softly, and Mitch's eyes widen. "I-I didn't th-think y-you st-still wanted t-to m-marry m-me."

"Mitchie . . ."

It's Mitch's turn to sigh, blinking back his tears and hiding his face in Scott's shoulder. "I'm s-sorry."

Scott pulls back slightly, and Mitch stares at him warily. Scott leans in and gently presses his lips to Mitch's, removing his hands from his waist to cup Mitch's cheeks. Mitch slowly moves his hands to Scott's neck, letting them rest on the skin. When they break apart, Scott doesn't let Mitch rest his head back on his chest, still holding his face. Mitch's eyes fill with tears, and he jerks himself free, rolling off of Scott and curling into a ball facing away from him. Scott reaches his hand out to rest it on Mitch's arm, but he hesitates before retracting his hand.

Mitch feels the tears start to stream down his cheeks, and he furiously wipes them away, curling tighter in his ball. Scott watches him for a second before sitting up, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead before getting up and heading to the door. "Come down when you're ready, okay?" he says softly, not waiting for a confirmation that Mitch heard him before he closes the door.

+++

Mitch throws on a sweatshirt over his t-shirt and walks downstairs, not meeting Scott's eyes. Scott blinks back the tears forming in his eyes at Mitch's fear and places a plate of food in front of him. Mitch wordlessly picks up the fork and starts to eat, hating himself more with every bite he takes.

Eventually, Scott can't stand the silence. "Do you want to cuddle?" he asks softly, almost fearfully. Mitch looks up at him, his eyes wide with surprise, and stares at him for a while before he finally answers. "Y-yeah. Of c-course." Scott allows a small smile to form on his lips, taking away Mitch's empty plate and hastily putting it in the sink to be washed later. Mitch timidly stands up and waits for Scott's return.

He comes back a moment later and grabs Mitch's wrist, gently pulling him to the couch. Mitch stands awkwardly to the side as Scott gets settled, lying down and shifting just enough for Mitch's small body to fit. Mitch just stares at him, so Scott motions for him to come lay down by him. Slowly, Mitch obeys, resting his head next to Scott's. Scott smiles, draping his arm around Mitch's waist and pulling him closer to him. Mitch tucks his head under Scott's, sighing softly and gently kissing Scott's neck.

"Y-you don't have t-to a-ask to c-cuddle. I-I'll al-always cuddle w-with y-you."

"But would you want to?"

"Y-yeah . . ."

"See, Mitchie? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable."

Mitch hides his face in Scott's neck, kissing it. "H-how did I g-get s-so l-lucky?" he murmurs to himself, and Scott chuckles softly.

"I ask myself the same thing everyday."