Chapter Twenty-Eight

So I decided I'm just going to keep this book the way it is and not do a forth book because I've already planned it out and I'm too lazy to change the current thirtieth chapter XD

enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bury my face in Scott's chest as soon as we get inside, biting my lip to keep from crying.

I was released from the hospital that night, and we just got home.

"You okay?"

"N-no."

"What's wrong, baby?"

I sniffle pathetically, not answering Scott's question. I feel him gently scoop me up and I tighten my hold on his shirt, keeping my face hidden. Scott carries me upstairs and gently dumps me onto the bed, laying down beside me. I get as close to him as possible, letting out a small sob.

Scott rubs comforting circles on my back in an effort to calm me down. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to stop the voices that have now decided to make an appearance.

You're pathetic, Mitchell. Not even able to go a day without crying.

I'm surprised Gordon didn't kill you. You don't deserve to live.

Scott shouldn't love you. He deserves much better.

I whimper, clutching Scott's arm tightly. He pulls me impossibly closer so I'm practically on top of him. I immediately roll off, not wanting to hurt him. I sniffle again and wipe my eyes, determined to stop crying. I look up to see Scott frowning at me. "Why'd you get off?" he asks me softly, and I blush. "I-I thought . . . I-I'm t-too hea-heavy." Scott stares at me for a good minute, disbelief written all over his face. I get even redder, hiding my face in my hands.

"Mitch, you weigh, like, two pounds," I hear Scott say, and I shake my head, feeling tears pricking the corners of my eyes again. I blink them back, refusing to cry more. "N-no, I d-don't." It isn't until I feel Scott get out of bed do I look up at him. He's standing over the bed with his arms crossed, and I immediately shrink back out of fear. "Mitch. Get up. Now," Scott says firmly, and I scramble to obey. As soon as I'm standing beside him, Scott grabs my hand and leads me to the full-length mirror that we have in the corner of our room.

"Strip. Stay in your boxers."

I shakily grab the hem of my shirt and slowly pull it up, keeping my eyes on the floor and not looking in the mirror. Scott grabs it from me as soon as it's off, throwing it somewhere in the room. My hands move to my jeans, but I hesitate, pausing with my fingers through the loopholes that hold belts. "If you don't take them off, I will," Scott says softly, and I work up the courage to yank them down, kicking them off my ankles.

My eyes are trained on a spot on the carpet and my cheeks are bright red with embarrassment, and my hands automatically go to cover myself. "No, Mitchie," Scott says quietly, grabbing my wrists and holding them behind my back. I feel tears once again prick at the corners of my eyes, but I refuse to cry. "What-what are y-you g-going to d-do t-to m-me?" I ask softly and shakily, terrified. "I'm going to make you see how beautiful you are. We're not sleeping until you say 'I'm beautiful'."

I look up and meet his eyes through the mirror because he's standing behind me, but still don't look anywhere else. "P-please," I whisper, "don't. I-it's p-pointless. I'm n-not w-worth i-it. L-let's just g-go t-to bed." Scott shakes his head. "No." He kisses my bare shoulder, causing me to shudder slightly. "How many times do I have to tell you? You're beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous." He kisses the back of my neck. "Stunning. Attractive. Handsome." With each word, he trails kisses down my neck and eventually lands on my shoulder again. "Look in the mirror and tell me you're not beautiful," he says almost challengingly, looking me in the eye again. I hesitate a moment but obey, looking at the reflection of my body.

It takes everything I have to not look away. I force myself to look at my reflection, letting my eyes rake over it. The voices make comments that make me want to die. I feel tears start to stream down my cheeks, and I don't bother trying to stop them. "I-I'm n-not b-beautiful." Scott sighs, shaking his head again and letting go of my hands. They immediately move to cover myself, hiding my stomach. Scott pulls me to him from behind, resting his head on my shoulder as he stares at our reflection. He gently pulls my hands apart. "Look at you," he murmurs, smiling slightly at the sight before him. "I honestly have no idea why you're so insecure. You're beautiful. So, so beautiful." I slowly shake my head, but don't say anything, the tears still spilling out of my eyes. "Repeat after me. I'm beautiful."

"Y-you're b-beautiful."

"That's not what I said, Mitchie."

"I . . . I'm . . . I c-can't."

"Why not?"

"D-didn't your p-p-parents ever t-tell y-you not to l-lie?" My voice is so soft, so sad, and choked with tears. Scott sighs. "You really do believe that you aren't beautiful." I just stare at him sadly. He runs his hands over his face, sighing again. "Alright, Mitchie. Let's go to bed." He turns and goes back to our bed, slowly sitting down on it. I glance around, looking for something, but Scott catches me. "No. You're sleeping like that," he says. I swallow hard, but obey, slowly crawling into bed beside him. He lays down, but I stay seated, my eyes focused on the floor. I sit unmoving for a second before I reach up and wipe away my tears, laying down beside Scott. He gently grabs my hand and pulls me on top of him, wrapping his arms around my waist and closing his eyes. I hesitate before giving up, closing my eyes and resting my head on his chest.

I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.

And don't you forget, the only thing that matters is your heartbeat going strong.