Chapter Eleven

Ok I apologize in advance about this chapter

It's not bad or anything (I mean it is but it always is so it'd be pointless to apologize every time) but I just want to say sorry for how hard this chapter is going to be to read

I know how hard stuttering is to read, and this chapter has quite a lot of stuttering, especially in the first part

So I'm sorry XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing here all alone?"

I jump at the sudden voice, whirling around to come face to face with a man. A smirk is playing on his lips and his eyes are alive with an evil light. I immediately back away. "N-n-nothing, s-sir," I stammer, feeling my heartbeat speed up.

"You should be more careful. There are creeps out there who'd just love to take advantage of you." The man steps towards me, and I inch back. "Why don't you come with me to my house? You'll be safe there."

"N-n-no th-th-thank y-you, s-sir."

"Aw, come on. It'll be fun." He grabs my wrist and starts pulling me. I try to get away, but he's too strong. "P-p-please, s-sir. I- I- I'm alright-t," I stutter, still trying to yank my hand out of his grip. It doesn't work, and he manages to get me outside. All of my instincts are screaming at me to shout, alert someone to my dilemma, but I can't do it. The submissive part of me takes over completely, and I stop struggling. I feel numbness flood over my body, making me feel just like I did with Gordon. He can't hurt me.

"What do you think you're doing?" a familiar voice snarls, and relief washes over me. I'm saved. Scott marches forward and grabs my hand, gently separating me from the man. "Get behind me," he murmurs, "I'll take care of it." I obey, quickly hiding behind him.

"I'm taking that pretty thing out for a good time."

"That pretty thing just so happens to be my fiancé, so I suggest you run before I murder you."

The man rolls his eyes, turning around and leaving. Scott watches him go, still standing protectively in front of me and not moving until the man is out of sight. Now is when he turns into the concerned fiancé. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" The questions tumble out of his mouth while he pulls me into a hug. "Jesus, Mitch, you're shaking like crazy." I nod, still staring in the direction the man went in. "C-c-can w-we pl-please g-g-go ho-home?" I ask softly, and Scott's grip tightens on me. "Oh my god, he did hurt you. I'm going to murder that ba-"

"Sir. Pl-please."

Scott seems surprised at my firm voice, and I immediately feel tears well up in my eyes. "I- I- I'm s-sorry, s-sir. P-please d-d-don't hu-hurt m-me." Scott frowns, pulling me into another hug. I tense at his touch, bracing myself for the impact. "I'm not going to hurt you, Mitchie," Scott murmurs, and I relax slightly. "Th-thank y-you, sir." He grabs my hand and leads me back inside, heading back to our table that we share with Kirstin, Kevin, and Avi.

"Where'd you go, Mitchie? Scott was worried about you," Kirstie says when they spot us. I flinch, and Scott sighs, pulling me closer to his side and throwing his arm around my shoulders. He gives her a look and her eyes go wide, immediately turning apologetic. "Oh, I'm sorry, Mitch! I didn't mean to, uh, scare you!" Scott rolls his eyes. "Look, guys. We're going to go home," he says. "What? Why? We just got here!" Kevin says, exchanging glances with everyone at the table. I move a little more behind Scott, clutching his hand tightly. "Bye guys," Scott says, and their questions slip away unasked when they hear the edge to his voice. They nod wordlessly, waving goodbye.

+++

"I'm s-sorry I m-made you l-leave," I say quietly when we get home. Scott dismisses the statement with a wave of his hand. "It's alright. I'd rather be with you anyway," he says, a small smile on his lips. A blush dusts my cheeks, but I ignore it. Scott offers an arm, and I obediently trot to his side, letting him pull me to him. He lays us down on the couch and wraps his arm around me, closing his eyes.

I feel gentle fingers on my stomach, tapping out a pattern. I squeeze my eyes shut, willing myself to keep my muscles relaxed. It's just Scott. He won't hurt you.

"Are you alright?"

"Y-yessir. I- I'm f-fine."

"You sure? You tensed all of the sudden." Sh*t.

"I- I just-t d-don't like i-it when people t-touch m-my st-stomach, b-but you're al-alright. I'll l-live."

"Nonsense." Scott removes his hand from my stomach, slipping his hand in mine instead. "I don't want you to be uncomfortable." Scott begins to trace out patterns on my hand, the action calming me down. I feel my eyelids droop close, but I will myself to stay awake. Remember what happened when you fell asleep around Gordon? You don't want Scott to do that to you, now would you? This causes my eyes to snap open, but the effect doesn't last. Soon, I drift off to sleep.

+++

"Mitchell! Are you asleep?"

My eyes snap open at the sound of the angry voice, and I instinctively jump up. "N-n-no, sir." Gordon raises an eyebrow. "And now you're lying? Geez, Mitchie. Someone's feeling rebellious. Well, I guess I'll have to stamp that behavior out of you." My eyes widen. "N-no, p-please, sir. I- I'm s-sorry. D-d-don't hu-hurt m-me," I stammer, backing away. Gordon's eyes glint maliciously. "I like it when you beg. When I'm done with you, you'll be begging for mercy," he snarls, rushing towards me. His hands reach out for me, and everything goes black.

+++

I jolt awake, but I thankfully don't wake Scott up. I sit still for a while and try to calm my breathing before curling into a pathetic ball facing away from Scott. I refuse to blink; if I do, I'll start to cry. I don't want to fall asleep either for obvious [ avious ] reasons, so I just lay in silence. I realize that we're in our bedroom, which means Scott probably had to carry me. Since I was wearing clothes, again for obvious [ avio- ok I'm not going to make that pun again ] reasons, he must've had to take my jeans off himself. I blush at the thought, hoping he didn't think I was ugly.

Of course he did, idiot. Because you are.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to block the voice out. It works, surprisingly, and I fall back into a pitiful sleep. However, I'm still asleep when I turn and latch [ I'm LATchInG oNTo yOU ] myself onto Scott and he wraps his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another awkward ending XD

hope the chapter wasn't too hard to read :)