Chapter 46

Realized

"Back when I was a teenager, I met Cherry here in the Philippines. We both came into an influential family so it was not hard for us to be together. Our relation as Bf/Gf lasted for 11 years when we decided to get married. I'm a German while my wife is a filipino, I asked her if we could start a new life in Germany, she totally agreed. Of course, life is cruel... that time we fought a lot and we became very complicated and it was all about because of jelousy." patuloy lamang kami sa pakikinig ng kwento ni Mr. Sertizon. I want to be cleared. I want to know everything. "That time, God gave us 3 precious children. The eldest was Zabin pangalawa si Charm at pangatlo si Cherish. You know what?" bakas sa boses niya ang panginginig at 'di naglaon ay may tumulong luha sa kanyang mga mata. This is actually the first time that I saw the powerful Mr. Sertizon cried. "Charm... we were very very closed before, a daddy's girl if we called it to be exact, same as my Cherish. Until one day, Cherry's Ex showed up to me. He harangue me that Charm was her daughter but of course hindi ako naniwala. Hindi niya ako tinigilan and the worst part was that he 'drugged' me..." napasinghap si Mommy and then I saw Mrs. Sertizon cried like a waterfall. "He expatiate about Charm. Like... Cherry betrayed me that they had a secret relationship behind my back and Charm was their perfect mistake. He said that how come that Charm was my daughter if she doesn't have any resemblance of me, which is true because she got the looks of my wife, not even a half of me. Zabin and Cherish got my blue eyes while Charm is the only one that had the brown eyes... I was drugged kaya wala ako sa matinong utak at nagsimula akong magduda. I doubted my own daughter... simula noon ay palagi ko na siyang sinasaktan at minamaltrato na parang hayop. I remember how her face get quailed everytime she sees me... Cherry always let me understand the things but I wouldn't listen... hanggang sa humantong ako sa desisyon na hindi ko inaakalang magagawa ko." he pause and we heard him sob.

"May inutusan akong tauhan para ipatapon siya dito sa Pilipinas..." my parents face forms into shock, I am too. Fuck. "After that, my happy family wrecked because of what I did. Sobrang huli na ako, sobra akong nagsisi. I decided to go rehabbed and when my mind was cleared ay nabuo ulit kami. Binalikan ako ni Cherry at nagsimula ulit kami. And then our Chemise came... she reminds me so much of Charm. Parehong pareho sila.. they got the same brown eyes and features. Alam kong gago ako. Pwedeng-pwede niyo na akong ipagkaloob kay santanas."

I felt a prick stabbed deep into my heart. All along... Charm was the perfect example of the word called 'agony', a very much miserable woman I've met. Her name was very opposite on her situation.

I-I'm so so sorry Charm... if only I can heal all the wounds that I've caused... I'll do. I'll b-beg...

Mr. Sertizon told us that Mrs. Sertizon's Ex was on revenge that time, and Charm was his target.

I will kill that goddamm fiendish!

I can't help but to ask.

"Mr. Sertizon, may we know if what is the name of Mrs. Sertizons Ex?"

He look up to me and met my gaze. Sadness, anger and guilt was overflowing in his eyes.

"Sendrex Villanueva." he said.

Natulalang nagkatinginan kami nina Mom at Dad.

Sendrex Villanueva...

Sendrex Villanueva...

Sendrex Villanueva...

Villanueva...

Villanueva...

Villanueva...

MR. VILLANUEVA?!

"What?!" I exclaimed. My jaw clenched and my palm balled into fist.

"Why? what's the matter, hijo? Do you know him?" Mrs. Sertizon asked curiously.