In 27 Days

Author: HonorInTheRain
Male Lead: Archer Morales
Female Lead: Hadley Jamison

Hadley Jamison doesn't know what to think when she hears that her classmate, Archer Morales, committed suicide. She didn't exactly know him, but that doesn't stop her from feeling like there was something she could have done to help him. So to Hadley's surprise, on the very night of Archer's funeral, she has a run in with Death himself and is offered the chance to go back in time to stop Archer from ending his life. The catch? She only has twenty-seven days to do it. And if Hadley doesn't succeed? Well, she doesn't want to think about that.

*****************************************************************************************************

Going back in time to save a cute guy that you always had a crush on from committing suicide? Now that in itself was very intriguing and caught my interest. But I will admit that I was also quite hesitant to read it because well the guy committed suicide so it means that it will be a heavy story. But I am so glad I read this story because this was truly a worthy read.

While it's true that this story has a good dose of drama and angst, the way the writer tells this story honestly makes you emotionally invested rather than emotionally exhausted. What I also liked is that Hadley is popular but she's not a queen bee or anything. She's just a well known face and Archer is not your typical badboy either. He's just a boy with a hard personality. So this allowed the dynamic of the story to be different.

In terms of the story itself, Hadley honestly really had her work cut out for her because let me tell you Archer is a really stubborn man that comes off as stuck-up and just plain rude in the beginning. He really made it hard for Hadley to just approach him and make a conversation with him...so stopping him from committing suicide hah you can just imagine how hard it was for Hadley to attempt to accomplish that. While nothing at first would give away what would cause Archer to kill himself, the writer does a spectacular job at unravelling this mystery. It was truly a treat to watch Hadley break through every single one of Archer's walls. And with a girl like Hadley who stayed by his side and choose to understand him despite the many times he gave her a reason to leave him and stay clear of him, it was impossible for Archer not to fall hard for her. These two truly make a perfect couple. They are each other's penguins! <3 <3 (LOL read the story and you will know what I mean :P)

Overall, this was a very touching story and it left a lasting impression on me.