The Mark Of A Fallen Angel

Author: Misguided
Male Lead: Gabriel Thomas
Female Lead: Alexis Gardiner

Alexis Gardiner has been through the normal ups and downs of a seventeen year old girl, albeit a few pluses along the way but that's beside the point. She's got loving parents, a typical annoying older brother and a best friend that's been more of a guardian angel than anything. But she soon realises how true that really is. Her perfect, normal life spirals drastically out of control when she discovers the truth about him and even herself. Journey with Alexis as she struggles between fantasy and reality and bares the mark of passion, love, betrayal and of an angel.

*****************************************************************************************************

It was a very well-thought out story. The character were very dynamic especially Alexis with everything going on in the story. With every chapter, I wanted to know more and more about what the truth is that everybody is hiding from her.

Alexis is a very likable character. she starts off as naive and innocent in the sense that she has no idea what is going on. But what I love most is her development and growth. It was very exciting and nerve-wracking with her transformation and what her role is.

Gabriel is just a sweetheart. I love and adore him especially with how much he truly loves Alexis. His story and past runs deep and it was stunning yet heartbreaking but it was for the best. He restraints himself when it comes to Alexis because of the secrets and more so because he's afraid that Alexis might think of him differently and be disgusted after finding out the truth. Regardless, I just loved him! He's like a lost puppy that I want to cuddle with and care for.

But along the way, I started liking Cameron as well and my heart ripped when deciding whom Alexis should end up with. Cameron's side of the story is heart-felt and it saddens me that if not for Gabriel coming into the picture, then he was the one for Alexis. This is why I don't like it when I start to like the supporting lead.

Nonetheless, I love Gabriela and Alexis together! And I was just awe-struck with climax and ending. It left me ecstatic with  how the development unraveled but at a cost. (I'm not going to spoil :D) but the second installment called The Mark of Love & War, continues off to redeem what happened at the end of the first book.

P.S.  The Mark of Love & War is still updating.