Tattoos with the Assassins

Anon asked: Okay but imagine this, the assassins getting a tattoo with their S/O, like, Altaïr would be screaming on the inside I'm sure

Ooooh. I can definitely see Altair having that stern, calm outer shell but the entire time constantly checking how the tat looks. He's a proud man (and honestly a bit controlling so he hates the idea of someone else doing it especially since he's an artist himself) and he definitely threatened the tattooist not to mess up. He's also keeping tabs on you as well, darting death stares at the person drawing on your skin. He'd have to be sly about it though. He couldn't possibly let you know he was worried. He probably only agreed to get the tattoo because it was some sort of boast (one that you egged on, of course... Clever devil that you are)

Not at all like Edward. Edward would be THRILLED!! Hell, he'd throw a party after sailing Nassau, taking roost at the tavern. There'd be shanties, stories, and a ton of rum. Surprisingly, Edward hasn't drunk anything (yet) because he's determined to be the one to do your ink. You've never seen him quite so focused, making sure each detail was on point. He wants nothing less than perfect for you. And you certainly don't mind those steady blue eyes peering up at you every now and then.

Jacob is like Edward in a sense but for him it's a point of pride, something (one of the few things) that he deeply considers before getting. In fact, he's the one to bring it up. He plays it off like a spontaneous act but he's been mulling the idea over for a while now, considering the details he wants, planning it all out before he suggested you join him. He even goes around asking the Rooks if they happen to know a good artist, only wanting the best to bring his idea to life.

Desmond DEFINITELY suggested it. If bartenders made better salary, he'd probably be covered in them by now. He's addicted and his passion for them keeps you just a fueled. He's making suggestions, giving you ideas, sending you pins that he found on Pinterest, texting you his own idea for his next tat. He also ensures you're sitting right next to him just so he can take pictures throughout the whole process, getting the tats and the final products.

Shaun can't believe his ears. In fact, he asks if you've been drinking (which you might have been). He refuses for the longest time. Even trying to appeal to his historical side fails. It's only until after months of nagging from yourself as well as Rebecca and Desmond that he relents. He doesn't settle on an idea until months later (although, honestly, he had an idea he just didn't want to admit to having thought about a tattoo. Stubborn, bastard). It's a good thing you two were going together (and Des and Becca didn't) because he passed out hyperventilating. A story he'll never live down.

It started off as a joke between Arno and you but over time the talks became more and more real. He can't help but like the idea, the artistic side as well as the permanent memento left over. So when Arno approaches you about the potential tattoo, you're slightly shocked but thrilled (because let's be honest, you've been thinking about it as well). Arno's bursting with ideas and he's almost more passionate about it that Edward and Desmond combined.

Ratonhnhaké:ton doesn't even consider the idea, he's been so busy dealing with the Templars and the Colonists. But the moment you mention it, he's already considering something meaningful and important to him. He keeps his idea to himself though, too nervous to share them just yet. It isn't until the day the both of you go to get them done that he quietly confesses the meaning behind it.

Evie scoffs at the idea at first. She thinks it's a waste of time and resources. But, knowing Evie as well you do, you happen to slip her a few historical books that... may or may not include the importance of tattoos across various cultures. She's suddenly hooked, researching different styles and designs, looking for something elegant to adorn her skin. The day of the tattoo, she's petrified. She's filled with a ton of adrenaline, finding it more frightening than hunting down Starrick. It takes everything in you to calm her down but after your tats are done she's somewhat proud of herself.

Shay brings up the idea after he sees something that reminds him of home (a time when him and Liam were close friends, when he was younger and the world seemed smaller). After that, it's set in stone. He begs you go with him, to even join him, saying that there must surely be something that you'd want. He's smiling the whole time and his joy is contagious. During the whole event, Shay's telling jokes and making everyone in the room laugh. Before you know it, the tattoos are well and done, but everyone stays put to continue the storytelling with whiskey and ale.

Haytham's expression is neutral but there's stunned uncertainty along the edges. He only gives you a slight smirk before walking away from the idea. It takes a few more times, suggestions and drinks, before he finally agrees to it. He sees your determination. And he supposes a small tattoo placed where no one else but you can see it is well enough. Having you with him, watching you get your own tattoo, is secretly a point of delight for him (despite his constant sass towards either you or the tattoo artist).

Ezio loves the idea. He adores it. He's constantly whispering about it, making the notion seem far more intimate than it should be. When you both finally get the tattoo, he's drinking wine and sliding a fingertip down your arm to remind you that he's still there. But his favorite part is afterwards, when the two of you are alone. He's diligently taking care of your skin with ointments and feather soft kisses. Years later, he still finds himself kissing the tattoo as if he were kissing the memory.