CHAPTER 9

I woke up and had an immediate smile on my face remembering what happened yesterday. I was so happy.

I got out of bed and took a shower. I was humming in the shower and when I reached for the shampoo and I fell and hit my head.

Flash back

I had just moved to central city. The people I was living with really didn't care about anything I did. They cared about me but just didn't bother on knowing where I was. As long as I told them I was leaving or something like that.

But I had just moved there and they told me to go explore. So I went outside.

Not knowing my way and not wanting to get lost I just went out and sat on the grass. I closed my eyes and just listened to the things around me. I heard a door open and close and then I heard two kids start to laugh. I could tell that one was female and one was male. There laughing quieted down so I opened my eye slightly and looked over. I noticed them staring at me.

I didn't care. Multiple people stared at me. I don't know why but they just did.

That's when I felt warmth coming from the direction the two kids were. I opened my eyes to see the little girl sitting next to me.

"Hi, my name is Iris West." She said and she held her hand out to me. She wore a big toothy smile.

I smiled at her slightly and took her hand shaking it. "I'm Emily." 

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Do you not have a last name?" 

I didn't quite want to answer this but she seemed like a stubborn girl and I knew she wouldn't leave it alone. "No. I'm a foster child."  I replied.

She gasped a little. "That's just like my friend Barry." She said a little smile on her face. "You should come and meet him." She held out her hand and waited for me to take it.

I looked over at the little boy who used to be with her laughing. I persuaded myself to at least talk to him. I finally took her hand. She pulled me up and pulled me over to him.

"Barry. This is Emily.  She's a foster kid too." She said she had a smile on her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's not a good thing to be proud of." I told her.

Her smile turned into a frown.

The boy reached his hand out. "I'm Barry Allen." He said.

"Ha at least you have a last name. I'm Emily. " I put my hand out and shook his hand. That horrible  night flashed before my eyes. I wanted to pull my hand back but i just couldn't. I started to tense at the memory but then it fades and all I could see was black.  All of the sudden I felt calm. My vision came back and I could see Barry staring at me blankly. Iris was just staring at the both of us.

I was confused for a second but then realized I wore the same expression as Barry. I looked at Iris and a small smile grew on her face.

I then noticed we were still holding each others hand. I looked down at our hands and noticed that my grip was tighter than his and I was turning his hand white. I shook my head to get me out of my thoughts and loosened my hand grip as I pulled it away.

I didn't feel as calm as I had a second ago. "Sorry." I said looking down at the ground.

"No that was me."  Barry said looking at the ground too.

"Hey do you want to come over we can play some things at our house?"  She asked.

I decided to go play with them. We went into their house and they introduced me to Iris' dad. Joe West. We played around the whole day. And every day I would play with them. They became my best friends.