CHAPTER 6

It all made sense now. Why Oliver had me out doing different things and then I'd come back and realize that something had happened while I was there. I always wandered what it was and why Oliver kept it a secret from me. It was because that thing that happened was my best friend that I liked was a superhero and he had come to help. Or sometimes he'd go there. That made so much more sense now. Barry was the flash.

I looked down at him he was now unconscious. And with that the memories started coming back.

Flashback

My parents had just put me to bed. I wasn't tired but it was a school night. I was nine years old. I looked out my window and listened to the people passing by. I lived in New York at the time. I thought about multiple things but that just didn't help. I was just about to go off to bed when I heard my mother scream. I got out of bed and ran down the stairs. I looked to where my mother was to see my father on the floor a blood puddle around his head.

My mother was down next to him crying. I noticed that she had bloodstains on her pjs and that the whole house was wrecked. My mothers favorite lamp was broken on the floor and the books were scattered around the room.

I then noticed my mother look up to me. Her eyes widened. She ran over to me and put her bloody hands on my shoulders. She told me to run. Go somewhere and never come back. Protect myself. Learn skills that would help me through life.

She looked back at my father dead on the floor. She turned back to me her eyes even more wider and saw a few tears in my eyes. She quickly wiped them away. "Hush sweetie it's okay. You'll be okay. Just run and remember we always loved you."

The thought went through my mind. loved. What did she mean by loved. That's when I saw the shadowy figure coming closer to my mother and I. My mother looked back at me and kissed my forehead.

"Run!" She told me as she pushed me.

From that push I fell onto the ground. I saw my mother go up to the shadowy figure and throw a bunch of punches. But she was to exhausted the man grabbed her head and twisted it. She fell to the ground.

I looked back up to the man and he smiled an evil smile. And he started to slowly walk towards me. I had tears overflowing in my eyes. I got up as quickly as I could and started to run. I opened up the front door and ran. At first I could hear footsteps behind me but after about a minute I couldn't hear them any more. But I didn't dare stop. I ran right to the police station and ran in.

The officer saw me immediately and came rushing towards me seeing the blood on my pjs and face.

"What happened to you." The officer asked kneeling down to get eye level with me.

I tried to calm down and speak. "My-m mother a-and f-father were k-killed." I said in between sobs.

The officer got other officers and they all got into there cars and drove to my house. One officer let me sit in his car as we drove. We got there and they taped it off with police tape and they went in to investigate. They wouldn't let me in so I finally got impatient and snuck in. Everything was back to normal except my parents were on the ground both with a gun pointed at each other. There were no books scattered anywhere no glass broken no blood. The shadowy figure put it all back to normal. It seemed like my parents had decided to kill each other. At least that was what the police said. They said it was just a freak accident. And I just came up with an excuse to make up for seeing my parents kill each other.

But I hadn't I knew what I saw.

The police didn't know what to do with me so they put me in foster care. Which moved me everywhere, in one or two months I ended up in central city living next to really nice neighbors called the West's.

End of flashback

Something snapped me out of my flashback. Caitlin's was yelling my name.

"Emily! I know this is a lot to take in right now but I need your help! We have to get him down to the cortex so I can get this knife out of him and help him breath!" She yelled at me trying to get my attention.

I looked at her. Then looked down at the now unconscious Barry. And then I grabbed his legs realizing that if I don't help get Barry down there I would lose the only person who could comfort me. I helped carry Barry down and set him on the bed. When we got down there Cisco was pacing around the room while he was biting his thumbnail. When he saw us he let out a sigh of relief.

"Good you got him." He said as we set him on the table. And then he looked at me. "Emily. Wha-how."

"I'll explain later Cisco." Caitlin said as she got gloves on. She grabbed the knife and got ready to pull.

"Wait!" I said putting my hand up over Barry's body. "Wouldn't that injure him even more if you pull it out?" I said as I looked at Caitlin concerned for Barry.

"He can heal fast." Caitlin said bluntly and pulled out the knife.

I watched a few minutes and saw his skin go over the hole that used to be there. A few more minutes and he breathed in deeply and I let a breath go that I didn't know I was holding.

He looked around the room until his eyes landed on me. I couldn't hold it in. I thought he had died. I gave him another hug. And in that moment I remembered when we were kids. When I would go to Barry with all my problems and he would listen. I never told him what happened to my parents. I never told anyone except for Oliver and the arrow team. I trusted them. I mean I do trust Barry but I never got the courage to tell him.

Barry pulled me away from the hug. I had no tears I wasn't smiling my face was blank. Something Oliver had taught me. He had taught me to hide my feelings.

"Hey Em, I'm sorry I didn't tell you it's just I wanted to protect you. I didn't want to put you in harms way." He said looking at me. His eyebrows furrowed a little bit because he was surprised I wasn't crying. I had put up my wall.

"Barry it's okay. I'm just glad your okay. And you know I can protect myself right."

"Well by the way you looked when you were trying to protect Iris yes. What were you thinking you were gonna do fight me?"

I then noticed he was holding my hand. My cheeks turned a light pink. I smirked a little. "I guess. I just learned some things and. Wanted to put them to the test." I pulled my hand away slightly and took a step back. My smirk left my face. He stood up. "I need to go though. I want you to know I'm not mad at you. I understand why you needed to keep this from me. But right now I need to go." All I needed to do was get my thoughts straight.

I started to walk out.

"But Em!" I heard Barry call. But I kept on walking. I didn't want to talk anymore. I needed to straighten things out in my mind.