"Michael?" I popped my head in the music room and he looked up from whatever he was working on. "I'm heading to Sammy's baby shower."

"Have fun." He shot me a small smile and I gave him a small kiss before leaving the house.

I climbed in my car and adjusted my dress before making my way over to Sammy and Owen's house. I tapped my fingers to the beat of the radio and sang to myself, stopping at a red light. I pulled through once it turned green and continued on my way, finally making it to the house. I parked along with the other cars and grabbed the gift out of my trunk, going inside.

"Hey, girl." Sammy smiled as I walked in and struggled to hug me due to her big bump.

"You look like you could burst." I laughed a little and she jokingly scoffed.

"One more month and then I can drink all the alcohol I want." She groaned and I walked over with her to where the other girls were sitting down.

"By then you'll need it." I joked and sat down, handing her her gift.

As the baby shower started, we were served lunch and everything felt so proper. Usually Sammy would have laughed at all this but I knew her mom wanted to have the best baby shower ever. I took a drink of my lemonade and looked over to see Annie shoving two of her chopsticks up into her mouth. I almost snorted out my drink and one of Sammy's older relatives sent us disapproving looks.

I felt my phone buzz in my sweater pocket as Sammy started opening presents and I ignored it until it rang again. And again. I quietly excused myself after seeing Michael's picture on the screen and walked out into the front yard, finally answering his call.

"Mikey, is everything okay?" I asked, seeing as he had called seven times.

"We got it." He breathed out and I hummed in question. "Brooklyn, we got it."

"What did we get and why are you breathing so hard?" I lightly laughed.

"The adoption, we got it." He said and almost stopped breathing.

"Michael Gordon Clifford, don't you dare lie to me." I said, my voice wavering, and he laughed.

"I just got the call and was gonna wait until you got home but I couldn't." He said and a smile broke out on my face. "The woman said that the couple who was looking for one to give him up to are going to be due in the next six months and we'll be his parents when he's born."

"Wait, so it's gonna be newborn?" I breathed out and raised a hand to my forehead, hardly believing it.

"I think I almost pissed myself when she called." He said and I smiled, sitting down on the front porch steps.

"We're getting a baby." I said, almost to myself and Michael let out a happy breath. "I should probably go back inside before they come looking for me."

"When will you be home?"

"Two hours, tops." I looked back through the window and noticed Sammy watching me from her seat with confused eyes. "I love you, Michael."

"God, I love you so much." He said quietly and I smiled to myself. "I'll see you at home."

"Bye." I hung up and stood up, trying to wipe the gigantic smile off of my face.

"Why so smily?" Cara asked as I walked back inside and I shrugged, not knowing if I should tell them just yet.

"Were you talking to Michael?" Annie nudged my shoulder and I nodded. "Okay, his jokes aren't that funny. Why are you smiling?"

"We got the adoption." I blurted out and Sammy practically squealed, running over to hug me.

"Are you excited?" She asked and I nodded.

"You have no idea." I said. "But, it's your party. Go have fun." I laughed, shooing her away to go talk to her grandmother who was waiting in her chair.

Soon enough, the shower ended and I grabbed my purse, leaving the house after hugging all the girls goodbye. Annie and Calum were taking some vacation and would be gone for three weeks and Cara was going to visit her parents while Sammy was going to be preparing for the baby. I probably wouldn't see them for a while. I drove home and my excitement grew the closer I got. I knew the Michael was ecstatic based on the way he was talking on the phone and I couldn't wait to see him.

"Michael?" I called out, walking through the door and I heard rushed footsteps come down the hallway.

Before I could process what was happening, I was being pulled into the tightest hug ever and lifted off the ground. I laughed and Michael smiled against my shoulder, setting me down after a minute. He didn't give me a chance to say anything before his lips were on mine. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away to catch my breath.

"You have no idea how happy I am." He mumbled and I smiled, pushing a piece of black hair off of his forehead.

"I think I do based on what you just did." I laughed a little and Michael just pulled me into his arms again, resting his chin on the top of my head.

I smiled to myself and put my forehead on his chest, wrapping my arms tightly around his torso. Michael squeezed me tight and I sighed in content. I could be in his arms for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. I took a deep breath and looked up at him to see him smiling down at me. Michael gave me a small kiss and I finally pulled myself out of his arms.

"Do you want to do something today?" I wondered, seeing as it was only noon.

"There's a fair a few minutes away." Michael suggested and I smiled, nodding.

"Sounds good." I said, going to change clothes.