"Thank you and we are Smoke Gallery!" Cara yelled into the microphone and the crowd cheered as we took our final bow.

I tossed my guitar pick into the crowd as Sammy threw a drum stick. We all waved and ran off stage, me immediately hitting Annie on the arm with a huff. She laughed and I grabbed a water bottle, taking an angry drink.

"I literally hate all of you." I said and my three best friends laughed, taking drinks of water.

"Oh, c'mon, he might come backstage." Cara winked and I felt my eyes widen as I heard Australian voices come down the corridor.

"You didn't." I said, trying to get one of them to crack.

"Oh, but we did." Sammy giggled, tossing her brown hair up into a ponytail.

Someone knocked on our dressing room door and I took a deep breath when Annie yelled for them to come in. The door opened and in walked the infamous Michael Clifford along with Calum Hood. We all stood up as they greeted us, me hovering towards the back, and Michael caught my eye. I quickly turned my head and Cara nudged my shoulder.

"Be nice." She hissed in my ear and I rolled my eyes.

I could not be more flustered. I was in the middle of a solo and I looked back to see Michael Clifford in the back of the venue. I almost had to stop. I think he is the cutest thing ever and the girls know it. I guess they got him to come.

"Brooklyn, right?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone started talking to me. I looked up to see bright red hair and green eyes.

"Um, yeah." I spoke awkwardly, and slapped myself in my head. "And you're Michael."

"In the flesh." He joked and I forced a laugh, reminding myself to chill out. "You guys are really good."

"Oh, thanks. That means a lot coming from you." I smiled and he did too.

"That one thing you did with the slide on the guitar was so cool." I felt my cheeks heat up at the compliment.

I looked over his shoulder to see Sammy giving me a thumbs up and I just flushed even more. Michael went to talk to Calum and I took a deep breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. Calum and Annie seemed to be in deep conversation so Michael came back over to me.

"Do you wanna go get a drink?" He asked and I almost choked on my water. "I know a really good bar down the street."

"You mean right now?" I asked, then sighing. Of course he means right now.

"Yeah, if you're up for it." He shrugged and I nodded.

"Sure, just let me grab my bag."

I walked to the other side of the dressing room and grabbed my purse, sliding my ear inserts off and putting my guitar in its case. I put the case in the stack of everyone else's and went to the bathroom. I ran my fingers through my blonde hair and took a deep breath. I can do this. It's just a couple drinks. With Michael Clifford. Fuck.

"I want all the details in the morning, missy." Sammy pointed her finger at me and I nodded. "Be careful."

"I will. I'll see you in the morning."

Michael smiled at me as I walked out and we left the room, telling everyone goodbye. I chewed on my lip out of nervousness and we got to the bar, sitting down at the counter. Michael ordered us beers and once we got them, I took a big drink to calm my nerves.

"So, how long have you been playing?" Michael asked, setting his bottle down on the bar.

"My dad taught me when I was super young and I just kept it up." I shrugged and he turned to face me, our knees touching. "Have you played your whole life?"

"Yeah. When I met the boys, I think I took it more serious. It's literally my life now." I laughed with him and ran a hand through my hair, sweeping the side bangs out of my eyes. "Your friends seemed pretty adamant that we came tonight."

"Oh, yeah. They're crazy." I dismissed and Michael laughed, taking a sip.

"They said it had to do with a little crush that someone has." I gulped and looked down. "Don't worry. I think you're freaking adorable too." My head shot up at what he said. That is what I told Sammy about him.

"Please remind me to kill my friends when I get back." I groaned and Michael laughed.

"Nah. If you go to jail, how will I ever ask you out?" I laughed a little, taking a drink. "How long have you known them, anyways?"

"Sammy has been my best friend since diapers. I met Annie and Cara in middle school."

"That's cool." He smiled.

I felt myself loosen up more as we continued talking and I swear, I haven't laughed like that in a while. Soon enough, empty beer bottles filled the bar space in front of us and our speech became slurred. We ended up on the dance floor, sloppily dancing to the rap song playing over the speakers. Michael gripped my hips and pulled me against him, grinding with me.

He pressed his lips to the side of my neck and I turned around in his hold. With the alcohol coursing through me, I found the courage to lean up and kiss him. Michael's hands drifted to my butt and I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. If I weren't drunk, I would never have done this. He pulled away with a dazed smile and we walked back to the bar to get more drinks.

Shots were thrown back and laughs shared until the bar closed. Michael grabbed my hand as we stumbled out and suggested going back to his hotel room. I didn't even hesitate and before I knew it, I was being pressed against the closed door of his room with our shirts on the floor and his lips on mine.