Blood, sweat, and a goggled saviour.

Kiers POV:

I woke up suddenly, startled, as rustles were heard around the bottom of the tree i'd rested in for the night.. nothing to be seen, however through the pitch black night.. I gulped and sat up on the branch, tugging my legs in that were dangling off the edge. And i waited, looking around the base of the tree carefully. My head snapped around, as snarls were heard, moving closer from behind me, my heart racing instantly.. I stood up warily, and began to climb higher, my rubbish, canvas-made shoes shaking as the bark began to crumble against my soles. I tried to ignore the worry, the sweat sliding down my face, i just had to stay calm.. I reached the highest peak i could, and my foot gave way against the bark, my hand shooting to grip the top, only just pulling myself over its edge.. I breathed out a sigh of relief, and curled up at the top, the leaves swaying around me as i studied the floor. But for some reason, my thoughts travelled to The Mechanist from yesterday.. A smile soon spreading from my lips. I grinned as the confidence returned, nothing but Cy keeping my mind at bay.  For now..

I closed my eyes slowly, to the thoughts of the slim, blonde male, and opened them again slowly, to suck in a painful breath. Becoming aware of a person who'd taken my spot on the branch bellow.. I froze, as i watched them, holding my breath. They looked, unusual.. Slouched across the branch, crawling slowly as they surveyed the surroundings.. They didn't even look.. human. I couldn't stand watching them anymore, as i shuffled back, as silently as i could, my head moving from their view.. But i just had to knock some loose bark down with my feet.. I froze again, cursing under my breath, as i covered my mouth with my shaking fingers, before leaning forward slowly. They're gone.. "Thank fuck.." I mumbled, leaning my head back. The snarl returning against my ear harshly, as the hairs on the back of my neck shot up. I opened my eyes slowly, to feel its breath running across my cheek. My eyes widening as its cold, lifeless eyes studied me, before it darted for me with a disgusting growl.. I shot to the side, screaming as i fell from my perch.. all to be seen was the leaf-covered ground getting closer and closer.. 

I landed with an unpleasant thud, my ribs clicking against the roots at the bottom.. "ARGH, SHIT." I grunted, my blurred vision winding ahead of me.. But all i knew, was that.. 'thing' was still here.. I haunched myself up, holding an arm across my chest as i began to run, getting faster and faster as i pushed through the pain.. The snarls slowly getting quieter. I smirked and carried on running, my toes soon crunching against something in the leaves as i was flung forward.. soon enough ending up on the floor again, my flask flying across the floor.. Crap, what the hell was that?.. I rolled over and lent forward, holding a hand across my foot, cringing as my toes pulsed with the pain, but it soon becoming clear of what stopped me.. "Yes.." I grinned, reaching for the black cross-bow that was glinting from within the flakey leaves, as i looked up to see the creature soon enough slithering through the trees, aproaching quickly.. I rapidly loaded the bow, closing an eye as i aimed, my breath steadying, until an arrow shot from the weapon, striking the beast in it's 'heart'.. I grinned like the child i am, and studied the cross-bow, using the strap around it to sling across my back. It felt like christmas had come freaking early for this thief! I drew my attention to my throbbing toes, and ribs, realising i was still slouched on the floor.. Bad place to be, Kier. I shuffled across through the leaves, cringing as the pain surged through my body, making an aim for the nearest tree-trunk to lean against.

I sighed and lent the cross-bow across my lap, taking a moment to think about that..thing that i'd seen.. What the hell was it? I shook my head, before freezing once more, another growl sounding through the trees.. "For fuck sake.." I muttered, loading the weapon roughly, before holding an arm to my chest. "I HAVEN'T GOT ALL GOD DAMN NIGHT!" I called, waiting for some sort of reply, as the sun began to creep through the trees with the morning hours, showing the shadowed figures that were lurking behind the trunk ahead.. "Come. And. Get me." I whispered, holding up the cross-bow, an eye closed, waiting for it to strike.. But they wouldn't move.. they just, smiled at me. When i say smiled.. it was un-nerving, the sweat begining to form across my forehead as they stared at me.. "WHAT ARE YOU WAITIN-" I began to yell, before rough, cloaked arms wrapped around my neck from behind the trunk, my throat drying up as i struggled for breath.. "G-GET OFF..me.." I weezed, trying to reach for the cross-bow that had jolted across from my lap. Is this really how i'm going to die..? To a creature i don't even know, or, even what it is..?

"SCUM, GET OFF HIM!" I heard a voice yell, before a gut-wrenching crush was heard, as something was flung into the creature behind me, a limp body dropping into the leaves. I squinted up, coughing as i tried to get a view of my rescuer, but all i could make out, were goggles, glinting in the morning light.. "C-cyrus?" I stuttered, looking up as his beautiful face came into view, his arm soon leaning out towards me. "It's ok Kier, you're safe now."