Chance for Change

A/N- I'm currently trying to edit/revise and add more chapters for this story- but please, if you see this story anywhere else under a different name, user or another website, report it and let me know! I only post my stories here on Wattpad. Thank you guys:)

"Are you sure . . . absolutely sure you want this, Electra?" He asked. "Yes." I answered firmly, looking around at the dark graveyard with interest. I could never have imagined having the nerve to come to a place like this at midnight, let alone in the daytime. But he was still looking at me, wanting some kind of assurance, and so I smiled and focused my attention on him.

He was gorgeous really, his hair so black and sleek; his eyes so dark and enigmatic. And I had never seen such perfect, flawless flesh in all my days. It had the unblemished quality of a marble statue, yet appeared as soft and dewy as a baby's flesh. I had to remind myself that he was every bit as dangerous as he was beautiful.

"But I must make absolutely sure," he said again, "Unlike the way my kind is portrayed in fiction, we really aren't the bloodthirsty killers people think we are, and if you have any doubts, any doubts at all, you must tell me now." Yes, I had doubts, I thought, I questioned my own sanity in being here. But as anxiety surfaced once again, I forced it back down, remembering the small pocket knife I hid inside my bag. "I-I'm sure that is what I want, but I do have a few questions that I want you to answer . . . just out of curiosity's sake." I mumbled.

"Ask away. We have until dawn." "I thought vampires could read minds."

"Again, that's just fiction. We really don't have any qualities that are different from when we were mortal, except that we no longer age, and must have blood to replenish ourselves. Oh, and I'm definitely a night person now." He joked.

He sensed I was nervous and was trying to alleviate my fear. In response, I forced a smile, and he led me to a stone bench that sat on a bit of an incline in the old cemetery. When we sat down, my eyes went on the many angels, mausoleums, crosses, and assorted tombstones that made up the surroundings. They had a red-gray glow on one side, from the mingling of moonlight and stars that made them appear even more romantically sinister.

Something about cemeteries had always bothered me, but the only reason I was thinking about that now was that I was struggling to find the words to talk. My mind was full of questions. I had come with a single purpose, but I was curious nevertheless, and at present, I was too nervous to proceed with my plan. "Will it be painful?" I asked. "Only a bit at first, but most people consider it pleasurable in a strange, almost sensual way." He said, giving me a shiver down my back. "And did you experience this 'pleasure' when you became an immortal?"

"Of course; the bite and the following pleasure are something that I'll never forget, and something that I still experience on my nightly sojourns. You see, the pleasure is reciprocated." "Actually, I wasn't referring to the bite. I meant dying. Did it hurt when you died?" He took a deep breath and stared off into nowhere for a few seconds. "That's a difficult question to answer. In some ways, it's very painful, but only at first, because all of your organs...well...they react to the shock of death somewhat violently as the normal functions suddenly cease."

Did it hurt my sister? I thought, but I concentrated on what he was saying. "I guess I could say that it makes you feel as if every cell is suddenly being suffocated as the life force leaves your body. But this symptom doesn't last long, no more than a few minutes, and then you'll go into this dark unconscious period that will last for about two or three days. Then you'll feel wonderful again as immortality enters your body. There will be a shocking sizzle through every one of your cells as they're replenished, and you'll feel warm and alive as never before." He explained. "And then, I'll immediately want blood?"