Chapter 21

Derek snuggled up behind me in our bed. Today was our two month anniversary and I wanted to enjoy every moment of it. After a series of successive lovemaking the night before that kept us up until two in the morning, we slept well into the day.

"Get up sleepy head," Derek said, standing and ripping off the blanket of warmth surrounding us.

My eyes flew open when I felt the chill of the air around me and remembered that I was stark naked. With my left hand draping across my breasts and my other hand flying to the pillow, I whipped it at his head with full force.

He caught it just in time and grinned playfully, "You're going to regret that."

I squealed as he charged forward and gripped his soft hands against my waistline, pulling me off the bed sheets and into the air. His biceps flexed and it was as if I weighed nothing to him as we spun around and around.

The whirling of the room behind us wasn't even enough to make me dizzy. Derek was just about the only one who could do that now, just the sight of him made my knees knock together, and the fact that neither of us were clothed didn't help much either.

Derek grinned like he'd won the lottery and set me down slowly on the tips of my toes, not taking his eyes off me the entire time.

"Derek I'm naked!" I hissed, struggling to cover myself in the broad daylight.

He boomed with laughter, "I don't care about that. You look beautiful, so don't worry."

I smiled with content, he really did know how to make me happy. It was the best feeling in the world to know that I could now openly be happy with him. We were free and amazed by learning new things about each other all the time, every detail playing a role and enhanced our life.

I stood on tiptoe and pulled him down in a messy, bold kiss. When we pulled away, Derek jerked his thumb towards the line of duck tape that I stuck on the floor the first time he'd got here, "Guess we won't need that anymore."

I laughed, "Yeah, I guess not."

My stomach growled noisily and we both stared at it, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Derek winked at me in the sexiest way that made me want to jump him right then and there.

"I'll whip you up something to eat, and then," He trailed off, his eyes darkened as he looked to the side of the room lustfully.

I followed his gaze and saw the tangled up sheets of the bed, proof of our full-blown passion from last night.

I chuckled, "Back to bed?"

His eyelids drooped lustfully and he scooped me up in his arms again, "Yes, please."

I hit his shoulder with my fist playfully, "I thought you were gonna make me food?"

Derek growled, his voice rumbling through his chest and into my body, "Bed first."

As if sensing the play of events, my stomach grumbled again in disagreement, sending another flash of red in my face.

Derek smiled, gleaming teeth and all as he kissed my cheek and lead me to our kitchen, "I guess it really is food first."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Where the hell is he?

I was just about to organize a search burgade for Derek effing Carter. That really should've been his middle name too, 'effing'. Not because his life was messed up, because it was, but because he had been absent from school for two weeks straight.