“I know you do Nathan and she loves you too. But you have to show her. You can’t just hang out with Sam all the time, and expect Lilly to be okay with that. If Lance did that, I probably would have done the same thing.” I explained.

“But I wouldn’t have done that.” Lance said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. “I love you too much.”

“I know.” I laughed, turning around so that I could wrap my arms around him.

“I’m going to go see if I can find Lilly.” Nathan stated.

“Nathan….. Just give her time, okay? Just wait a few hours before you go after her, okay?”

Nathan nodded. “Okay.”

I watched as Nathan walked off and then I sighed, leaning my head against Lance’s chest, as he hugged me closer to him.

“So what was up with that?” Lance asked, leaning his chin  on the top of my head.

“Nathan and Lilly broke up. Well, actually Lilly broke up with Nathan, because of him hanging out with Sam too much.” I explained.

“Oh. Why was he hanging out with Sam too much?”

“I don’t know. I thought you were going to talk to him…..”

“I was. But I didn’t get a chance to after 8th period. Luke caught up with me and we had to take care of a few things.”

“Yeah. Like what?”

“You’ll see.” Lance told me, grinning.

“Lance!” I whined. “Tell me!”

“Nope!”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“I love you.” I answered.

“I love you too, sweetheart.” Lance answered, smiling.

“Do you?”

“Yes.”

“Ha! Now you have to tell me!” I told him, grinning, glad that my plan worked.

“Nice try.” He told me, leaning his head down and kissing my nose.

“It was worth a try!” I complained.