Its all just smoke and mirrors

-saphires POV-

i woke up on a small couch under a soft pink blanket,inside a hospital room.the sunlight from the large window behind me burned my eyes and my head was pounding,as if it were about to explode.

"howd i get here?" i thought to myself.

i got up and checked the time on my phone.it was 1:30pm..fuck.

almost every memory from lastnight, gone.down the drain...great..another drunken black out..just fucking great. the last thing i actually remembered was matthew trying to hook up with me at gabriels party..gross.

i looked around the quiet hospital room. the only ones here were me and some unconscious girl completely covered in stitches and bruises.i wondered what happened to her.

minutes later a nurse walkes in.

"well,hello there."the nurse smiled.

she looked to be possibly around 35 or 40,but i wasnt sure.she had hazel eyes,long brown hair and an average looking face and body.but she was too cheerful looking to be working in a hospital filled with obviously dying patients..

"hi."

"tsk-tsk-tsk.shes too young to be in here.dont you think?" she asks.

"yeah,i guess.but why is she in here?"

"oh,im sorry... I thought you knew,"

"not really,i just woke up,so i have no clue."

she sighed "well,some one called her in saying she was hit by a speeding car and the car never stopped,and they got away.some men brought her in bruised and bleeding everywhere.she looked horrible."she shook her head in disappointment.

"how bad?"

"the men that brought her in said she was hardly breathing and she had many broken bones,a minor concussion,and some other injuries we havent yet treated..."

"oh.." was all i could say at the moment.

"this poor sweet girl."her tone became depressed.

"who are these men that brought her in? do you know?"curiously i asked.

"im afraid not.none of them said their names." she looked at savanah. "but i do remember all five of them dressed rather...alternatively."

"alternatively?how?"i tilted my head slightly to one side.

"yes.like dark ripped clothes,skinny jeans and boots." she smiled. "i even think one of them didnt have a shirt on." she let out a small giggle."to be completely honest...i found them quite...sexy." she began adjusting the settings on the girl's breathing machine.

"um..thank you...but i gotta get going now" i said as i awkwardly left the room.

i closed the door behind me and sighed.

no need to be in that conversation,with her and her disgusting goth fantasies.

"excuse me miss?" a young desk woman says staring at me.

"me?" i pointed to myself.

"yes."she gestured for me to come closer.so i did.

"um..can i help you?" i asked.

"you didnt sign in when you came in last night.so your just gonna have to do it now." she said in a irritated tone.

"okay."i said nonchalantly.

"sign here under room J786." she handed me the sign in sheet and a pen.

i signed the paper and left the hospital.

*back home*

the house was quiet.almost painfully too quiet.

i snuck my way through the living room and hallway to my room and quickly dressed into my pajamas then headed towards the kitchen.

mom and dad were eating their usual afternoon oatmeal.they always had it before going out for their jog on their days off from work.

"good afternoon." i smiled at them.

they both turned away,ignoring me.

"ok? some ones grumpy."

i turned to the fridge for some milk for my cereal.but there wasnt any left.

"mom there isnt any milk left.do you want me to go pick some up?"

she ignored me as if i hadnt said a word.

"mom?hello?can you hear me?"

the ignoring continued.

"dad?"

he ignored me too.

"can either of you hear me?"

mom sighed and picked up both of their bowls and placed them in the sink.then they both headed for the door.

"well that was rude." i said to myself.

i sighed and decided to cook myself eggs instead.

*a couple of hours later*

mom and dad came back,sweaty and exhausted.i was watching tv in the livingroom

"did you guys have a good jog?" i asked in a cheerful tone.

they both ignored me yet again and walked into their room,as if i wasnt even there.

i turned off the tv.

"what the fuck did i do wrong?!" i thought to myself.