Chapter 17: Too Good To Be True

Turns out my dream did become a reality. Instead of losing him to death I did in fact lose him. Let's just say he avoided me ever since that incident I'm not sure if he still likes me but there's fear in his eyes which hurt me more than anything. It's been a week since I actually saw him after that incident I moved back home, to my apartment. 

Tony didn't ask me to take him back to visit them cause even Em and everyone started ignoring us. Well I wouldn't blame them cause death and fear followed me everywhere. I used to have those episodes in my nightmare mostly consisting of Ben killing everyone I loved. Sometimes during those times I find Tony scared, crying in a corner of my room cause according to him I keep flying around like I was possessed. Great now my own brother is afraid of me.

I stayed awake most of the nights. Even though that's something I shouldn't be doing I couldn't help fear that I'm left alone in all of this. I transferred Tony to the elementary here and so far he seemed to be getting back to normal. So far only Evie, Daniel and Andrew were the only ones who treated us just the same, maybe because they haven't seen the "Other" side of me. 

Tony and Andrew got along just fine and Tony was happy that Em began talking to him again, turns out they are both in my class, while Em didn't say much beside the pleasantries and it was awkward between us. Today Tony and I were on our way for shopping after visiting our parents at the hospital, Tony was ecstatic.

"Scar ...." He said as I was driving to a thrift shop to get him some clothes.

"Yes booger?"

"Do you think I'm weird?" he asked which made me step on the brakes immediately, thank god I stopped the car in the parking space near the thrift shop, plus it wouldn't have mattered even if I stopped ahead cause the parking lot was huge. What it with this town and big stuff.

"You are an amazing person.... Why would you ask that.... Tony did someone say something.... You know you can tell me" I said as I removed our seat belts and began cradling him in my arms. He began crying and told me that the other kids were calling him weird names like freak and avoided him that's why even Em avoided him also because of what she witnessed at her house.

"It's going to be okay.... Alright and we'll get through this together as a family okay..." I said still comforting him.

"Okay...." He said as he hugged me tighter before letting me go.

"come on we better buy you some clothes" I said trying to change the topic and guess it worked cause he began talking animatedly about what he wanted to buy.

We walked inside and went to the kids aisle, he immediately began looking for clothes. I was looking for clothes when I heard these whispers coming in the aisle next to ours. Turns out these women were gossiping about us, saying that something weird happened to our parents and that we're a bunch of freaks, especially me cause I happened to do some crazy shit back at the white's mansion. Ooh did I so want to punch them for pulling my brother and parents. I managed to cool down when Tony held my hands saying he's picked out the clothes he wants. We quickly made our way to the counter, paid off for the clothes and began walking to the car before I heard a really menacing howl coming from the forest beside the highway.

I immediately carried Tony in my arms with the shopping bags and ran to car. I put him inside so fast and put his seat belt around him, when I was almost done Tony whispered out.

"Scarlet there's a huge wolf back of you with bloodshot eyes" he looked frightened as hell. I quickly buckled him in, mouthing him to stay in the car. I closed the door and turned around to face the creature, turns out there was more than one, almost 17. Shit, I braced myself only to see 4 black cars and a van speeding up and stopping to a halt on both sides of my car.

 Out came Arthur wearing a black leather jacket same as the other men, but now he along with the rest of the guys in jackets seemed to have some really heavy machinery. The next thing I knew they began firing at the wolfs who stopped frozen in their tracks and yelped out in pain while dropping to the ground shifting back to their human forms, half naked.

They managed to get 12 of them but the rest escaped. The guys in jackets started putting out some choker kind of the things on the bad guys lying on the ground and put them all in the fortified van.

"Whoa..." was all I could say. Next thing I know Arthur held me in a bear hug.

"Can't breathe" I said as I was suffocating.

"Oops sorry.... Are you alright... did they hurt you" he said as he began turning me around looking for any signs of hurt.

"I'm fine .... Thanks for that I swear I wouldn't have known what to do.... We would have probably been dead if it weren't for you guys" I said as I hugged him only to be pulled into a pair of arms. Sparks. Shit.

"Stay away from her" he said as he growled at Arthur.

"No you should have stayed away like you did for the past week, leaving her unguarded while you went out with your lady friends" Arthur said in the same tone to Sebastian.

"If it weren't for us she would have probably been dead" he continued saying.

I didn't know what to do except look for Tony who seemed too shocked.

I immediately pushed aside Sebastian's arms and opened the door and held Tony in my arms as I began comforting him. After sometime when Tony was alright I put him down but still held his hands and looked towards Sebastian and Arthur who seemed to be having some silent conversations with both their fists up. I was about to break them off only for Sebastian to hug me.

I did the unthinkable; I slapped him right on his face only for my palm to hurt but satisfied to see my hand impression on him.

"Where the fuck were you when I needed you" I said as I began to sob not caring if both Sebastian and Arthur's men to look at us. Sebastian opened his mouth to say something only to be stopped by the hovering of a helicopter above us. I immediately carried Tony in my arms. As the helicopter landed a few feet away from us, out came.......

Author's Note: so how was this chapter initially I intended to do something else but it came out a whole other way. Don't forget to comment and vote. 

And could someone please pm me a pic for the cover page. I been thinking about changing it but let's just say I'm really bad at picking out a cover. I would really love it if you could help me out here guys. 

Thank you all in advance.

 Love you all.