Chapter 2: The Lost Kid

It's Sunday and 9 am, time to go for shopping. I get up quickly from bed, finish my business and then took a shower. I decided to wear my jean shorts and a full sleeve off the shoulder top and my flats. I put my hair in a messy bun and grabbed my phone, locked the house and put them both in the handbag with some of other stuff and decided to go to the café and have some breakfast before going shopping. I made my way to the reception hoping that Mrs Newman was there so I could get some directions back to the café and the grocery store.

But instead I saw an old guy at the reception. Huh?

"Hi good morning Scarlet guess you had a late night?" he said

I had a poker face on right now. "Yeah I had a late night I had been unpacking my stuff and good morning ...but could you tell me who you are? Not to be offensive but yeah" I said flabbergasted.

"Oh I am sorry honey where are my manners? I am Daniel Newman"

"Oh right I should have known. I am sorry bout that"

"No problem sweetheart, so what did you want?" he asked smiling now that I got to know him and he seemed to look like my grandpa I smiled back warmly this time.

"Well actually I was wondering if Mrs Newman could give me the directions to the café and the grocery store but since you're here so........ Which way?" I smile sheepishly while asking this.

"Oh I was about to go to the café myself and I'll give the directions over there alright?"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome darling" he smiled

"Evie .... Evie honey I am going to the café now and I am taking Scarlet with me" he said screaming in the room behind the reception

"Oh hold your horses Danny I'm coming" she screamed back. Wow and I thought my mom was loud. *giggle*.

"Oh Scarlet what can I do for you?" she said as she came to the reception table.

"I was actually going to go to the café for some breakfast and gonna go shopping for groceries after that but I don't know the way so Mr Newman was taking me there"

"Call me Danny Scarlet" he said smiling.

"Oh was that all, sure honey go right ahead and you Danny better give her the proper directions to the store and also give her todays specials for breakfast alright" she said smiling at me but sternly at Danny.

"Yes boss" he said with a salute making her smile and me giggle at that. I turned around immediately, blushing as they began to kiss and began to walk out the door when I noticed Danny was already by my side. Wow that was fast.

"So do you want to walk or take the car?" he asked his face still flushed.

"Is it ok we take the car I have some shopping to do?"

"That's alright darling" he said as we walked to my car cause his was a Jaguar and I so didn't want to be seen in that plus he said that he came walk home after work. Were people really that rich over here.

"So you're like the cook at the café or something" I ask him

"No darling I own the place but yeah I cook over there too sometimes" he said smiling proudly.

"Whoa" I said as we were buckled in and I drove off. Within minutes we were at the café. We got out and held the doors of the café for me. "Aww that was nice who said chivalry was dead" I said as he laughed like a school kid. It was empty almost, but better than yesterday. We went in and sat at the table near the window while the waitress I saw yesterday, Rosalie came by with a book in her hand.