Chapter 10: Good news or Bad news ?

"It's about your parent's .....they .....they ...."

"What is it tell me?" I asked him afraid of what the answer might be.

"They are in a coma and it's hard to tell if they'll ever be able to wake up as their brain activity seems to reduce day by day. The only thing we can do is pray and hope they wake up or pull the plug. The choice is yours"

He said that and left me in the hallway. I didn't want to breakdown, not yet. I walked back in with an expressionless face.

"Could you give me and my brother some time with our parents?" I asked them

They didn't say anything just left nodding their heads.

"Scarlet .... Are they alright why won't they get up?" Tony asked with a tear escaping in the corner of his eyes.

"They are just sleeping buddy. They'll wake up alright...... I'll make sure of it" I told him as truthfully as I can .... How can I explain to him that our parent's may never wake up.

I sat on the edge of the bed with Tony on my lap and told them "Mom dad come on guys don't leave us alone. I don't know what to do. Wake up you still have lots of things to see. You have to see Tony grow up to be a stud and girls heartbreaker and see him graduate and dad who is going to threaten the guy with Tony I am gonna bring home to treat me right and ... and who is gonna walk me down the aisle or...or...." By now I was pouring my hearts out and crying really badly. Tony just wiped my tears with his small hands and began shedding tears on his own. We just hugged each other and cried and cried and cried for god knows how long. Until there were no more tears. I got up and held Tony's hands while he held mom's and with my other hand I took in dad's.

"Together forever .... Right dad"

"We'll always love you" we kissed their cheeks and forehead, with our tears falling on them for the last time. I carried Tony in my arms and was about to leave when the monitors began giving strange sounds which only accelerated with every passing second. I quickly screamed out to the guys to get the doctor. No sooner the doctor came in that the sounds just died. No no no no. The nurse that came in sent us all out. I stood with Tony still in my arms crying silently in the crook of my neck. I didn't know what to do. My mind was blank like literally blank with no thoughts or anything just blank.

"It's going to be fine" Sebastian said as he hugged me and looked at me straight in the eyes as he said that. That was all it took. I broke down in his arms and fell to the ground with him crying ever so badly right now. He just cooed to Tony and me that everything will be alright. Over and over again.

The doctor finally came outside with a happy face?

"They are alright right now. Their brain activity just took a spiking increase. They might have more than 95% chance of waking up now. What you did or said that seemed to have woken them up a bit" I was literally getting tears of joy and Tony looked up to my face with questions written all over the place.

"They are gonna be fine. They'll wake up soon booger." I said smiling with tears still flowing and that seemed to have convinced him as he began hugging me tightly.

"By the way did you guys check Toby out.... After the 'incident' I mean." I asked the guys curiously

"Yeah we did and the doctor said that nothing was wrong he was just a little tired after that and that's it." Sebastian said before anyone could open their mouths.

"Oh ok.... Hey booger lets go home ok." I said to tony for he seemed to have slept

"Hmmmm" was all he could say. Oh booger.