"Its alright love. I get this is really hard and I'm so proud of you for even being here." I say encouragingly as I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her into me. My thumb sweeps up and down soothingly across her skin.

"I just... I really, really don't want anyone else to know. Because they'll want me to go and it will just be embarrassing" I strain to hear what Ashleigh says as her words are muffled by my jumper that she's leaning into.

"The boys would never ask you to leave, and they certainly wont judge you or look at you any differently. They're genuinely nice people Ashleigh. They can help you just as much as I can" I say, hoping that I'm finally getting somewhere.

Suddenly Ashleigh stands up from the ground and as I push myself up she opens the bathroom door.

"I said no Louis. It's my life, not yours. I don't want them to know." Ashleigh says sternly as she slams the door. I notice however, that she doesn't lock it.

I need to tell the boys about Ash. They would wonder things anyway when they saw the size of the portions I was going to give her, plus I need someone to make sure she eats lunch while I'm at the interviews. Torn, I walk back into the kitchen, where the boys are all sitting at the breakfast bar with a cup of tea.

"Look guys there's something I need to tell you about Ashleigh and I need your help to fix it" I say seriously. The boys stop laughing and pay attention.

"Sure mate, what is it?" Liam asks.

"Okay, the truth is... Ashleigh's doctor never told me to look after her. Although he would if he knew the truth. When Ashleigh fainted yesterday, it wasn't low blood sugar, nerves, bad luck, anything like that. It was because... well... Ashleigh is anorexic. " I struggle to get the words out without bursting into tears.

Niall and Harry's faces drop and Liam looks like he's about to cry as he speaks. "But...but she ate lunch yesterday, I saw her. You saw her. She was with you"

"That's what I thought Liam. Until we were on our way to the hospital yesterday and her phone rang. When I went to get it from her bag, I found her lunch wrapped up in napkins." I say between sobs as the tears now leave my eyes uncontrollably.

Liam was also crying and it didn't look like Harry was too far off.

"Why didn't you say something to us earlier Lou?" Harry croaks.

"She really didn't want anyone else to know. She thinks you'll tell her to leave and you'll think she's a freak if you know. I thought I knew her best and that I would be able to help her on my own. But I cant. I thought I had mastered it when I took her for dinner last night and she ate exactly what I told her too. But then someone told me after that she was being sick in the bathroom" I sob. Re-telling the story is harder than I imagined.

Now everyone was crying.

"I told her to come stay with me for a week so that I could help her and she wouldn't have to go into hospital.  I don't want her throwing food up again so I told her that if she wanted to be alone in my room or she wanted to shower she could close the door she just couldn't lock it, that's why she came to tell me she was going for a shower  earlier, so I would know not to go in the bathroom." I continue. The boys look pale.

"I need your help. When me and Liam are at the interviews this morning I need you to keep Ash company and make sure she eats lunch. I'll tell you how much to give her, because she can't handle a normal portion right now. You just have to make sure she eats it and doesn't disappear to the bathroom anytime after. I also gave her all your numbers so she can text you if she's upset or has a problem" I say quietly, trying to control my tears and fight off the voice in my head reminding me how Ashleigh will feel when she realises I went against her wishes and told the boys.