Chapter 36

Stiles POV

I was pacing back and forth for what felt like forever. Derek finally stopped me telling me I needed to relax. But, how am I supposed to relax? My best friend is laying in the living room basically dead, we don't know when he's gonna wake up, if he's gonna wake up, or what the fuck is going on.

The rest of the pack was sitting in the kitchen with me. Melissa showed up shortly after I called her, she had been sitting with him since she got here.

"Stiles, what are you doing?" Isaac asked me.

I pulled a box from the cupboard. "I'm making mac and cheese."

"Why?" Erica asked from her spot on Boyd's lap.

"Because I'm freaking out!"

Derek sighed pulling the box from my hand and setting it on the counter. He pulled me into a hug when Jackson spoke up.

"I still don't understand why you're making mac and cheese."

"Cooking helps him relax." Derek said softly, rubbing my back.

"He's gonna be okay." Isaac said trying to reassure everyone in the room.

'He's not gonna be okay, Stiles.'

Stop.

'He's gonna die.'

No he's not.

'They're all gonna die.'

"Stiles."

"I'm fine, Derek." I said tightening my grip around him.

--

It was probably around three in the morning when I felt someone hitting me. The pack gathered in the living room after dinner and we all ended up falling asleep somewhere in the room. The repetitive smack to my leg woke me up.

First, I looked at Derek. Who was asleep still. I turned my head after seeing he was still asleep. Scott was still laying down but he was staring at me.

"Oh my god." I mumbled pushing Derek's arm off of me.

Scott gave me a small smile. "Hi." His voice was hoarse.

I hit Derek harder than necessary waking him up. "What?" He snapped.

"Scotts awake."

"Can you get me some water?" He asked quietly.

Derek quickly pushed himself up and made his way to the kitchen.

"How're you feeling?"

Scott sighed. "I've been better."

Derek walked back out with a glass of water and handed it to Scott after helping him sit up.

"Do you remember anything?"

Scott scratched the back of his neck. "Not completely." He paused. "I was in like...a basement or something. I've been there before I just...I can't figure out where I was or when I was there before. Did you make dinner? I haven't been out that long, right?"

"I can make you something." I said helping him up.

Scott continued while I made him food, Derek was checking over his wounds again. "I don't remember anything that happened before I woke up that day. Kate was there. The alpha pack was there. I heard something about the nogitsune. Is that back? Are you okay?"

I sighed. "I'm fine."

"Stiles." Both Scott and Derek growled.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine right now. What else do you remember?"

Scott shook his head. "Um, I don't really know. I was only awake for a few minutes while I was in there. They kept asking about you guys. About your kids. I can't remember anything else. They're okay, right?"

"They're at John's. The twins are there watching over them." Derek answered.

Scott nodded. "I woke up in the woods after that. But, it was just Ennis with me. I got a couple good hits in before running. I don't know how I made it here. Everything hurts."

"They used a lot of wolfsbane on you." Derek informed.

"Of course they did."

Scott ate and we helped him to a bed so he could rest more. Derek and I tried laying back down to sleep but I couldn't get images out of my head from the last time the nogitsune was around.

Third Person

Derek felt Stiles tossing and turning in his sleep. He knew this would happen. It always did when something was going on and it was worse now with the nogitsune back. This time was different though. This time he was able to sleep sometimes, but, when he was able to sleep he would sleep longer than normal and it was hard to wake him up.

Stiles pushed himself out of the bed and walked down the stairs. Derek hadn't thought much of it because it was a normal habit. When Stiles couldn't sleep he'd go downstairs, get a glass of water, use the bathroom, and then climb right back in bed.

When Stiles hadn't returned was when Derek started to get worried. He heard Lydia downstairs calling Stiles' name. He pushed himself out of bed and downstairs. He found the two of them outside, Lydia was wrapped in a blanket on the porch, Stiles stood in the driveway just in his boxers, back facing the other two.

"Stiles." Derek called.

Stiles turned finally, tears in his eyes. He smiled at the two on the porch.

"Stiles, what are you doing?"

His smile grew as he held up the knife in his hands. Derek clenched his jaw and slowly walked toward the other. Stiles stared at the knife.

"Stiles, babe. Give me that."

Stiles took a step back, smirking at his husband. He shook his head bringing the knife up to his neck.

"Baby, wake up."

"I'm gonna hurt everyone." He whispered.

Derek took another step forward. "No, you're not. Come on, let's go back inside."

Stiles shook his head, tears falling down his face. He tightened his grip around the handle of the knife.

Derek slowly wrapped his hand onto Stiles' hip, his cold skin shooting up Derek's fingers. He dragged his other hand up wrapping it around the hand Stiles was holding the knife with.

"Baby, Stiles, it's okay." He said. "I love you."

Derek saw something visually shift in Stiles. His eyes seeming to become brighter and the tears pooling in his eyes finally escaped. "Der..." he whispered.

The wolf pulled the knife out of the others hand tossing it away from the both of them. Stiles immediately wrapping his arms around Derek's neck.

Stiles let out a strangled "help" into Derek shoulder.

Derek carried him inside, giving Lydia a small smile as he started warming Stiles up.

"I'm right here, Stiles."