Chapter 30

Derek POV

I watched as Stiles paced back and forth in the kitchen as I made dinner. We had made it back with Peter with a few hours to spare and now we're just waiting on Sean to get here.

"Babe, you need to relax." I said, pulling him toward me into a hug.

"I can't!" He yelled, "That...fucking wendigo has my daughter!"

"And we'll get her back tonight."

"I swear to god if he laid one finger on her I'm going to skin him alive." Stiles said, a growl rising up his throat.

"Seriously, take a breath."

Stiles took a deep breath relaxing against me. "I'm just so worried."

"I know. But right now, you need to eat something. So, sit down."

---

Sean made his way up the driveway shortly after we finished dinner. I pulled Peter up from the chair we tied him to leaving his hands wrapped tightly behind his back. The wolfsbane rope draining enough of his energy to keep him from fighting.

"Derek, I see you were able to get him for me." Sean smiled.

"Where's my daughter?" I snapped.

"Follow me." He said, spinning on his heels and leading us into the forest.

---

Sean stopped turning back toward me. "Hand him over."

"Not until we get our daughter." Stiles snapped. Aiden grabbed onto Stiles' arm for me stopping him from doing something stupid.

Sean let out an annoyed sigh before snapping his fingers. A tall blonde walked out of the shadows with Claudia in tow. The lady looked over to Sean not allowing Claudia to leave her side. He nodded his head toward us silently telling her to let Claudia go. My little girl squealed making her way to us. I watched Stiles pull her into a tight hug and look up at me. I sighed pushing Peter toward Sean.

"Pleasure doing business, Derek." Sean smirked.

"This isn't business." I replied. "You kidnapped my daughter."

He shrugged, "I didn't think you'd give up your Uncle so easily though."

"He's betrayed this pack far too many times. I couldn't care less what happens to him."

"Did they hurt you?" I heard, Stiles next to me as Sean shrugged.

"No, I'm okay." She smiled, grabbing my hand while still in Stiles' grasp.

"Are you positive?" I asked her.

"Yes. They just had me sit in their living room and watch TV. I got three meals a day. For 'bad guys' they're quite nice." She said.

"Derek, I wouldn't hurt a child. Especially one who doesn't know how to defend herself yet." Sean said.

"Yes, because what I remember clearly helps me believe you."

"We were the same age when this feud started."

"You still went after Cora." I growled.

"True. Well, that'll be all. Hopefully we'll meet again, Hale."

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go." I wrapped my arm around Stiles, bringing Claudia closer.

"Derek!" Peter yelled as we started walking off. "Derek! You can't do this to me! I'm your uncle! We're family!" He yelled a roar mixing into his words.

I sighed, allowing Claudia to jump on my back. "Is Uncle Peter gonna be okay?" She asked softly.

"He'll be fine."

---

The rest of the week was spent with Pack bonding's and movie nights. Stiles babied Claudia more than normal and by the end of the week Claudia was more than over it as was the rest of the pack.

"Stiles, what are you doing?" I laughed walking into the kitchen.

"Cutting an apple?"

"For who though?" I asked.

"Claudia?"

"Stop. She is old enough to get it herself."

"But..."

"Stiles, Claudia literally just told me like two seconds ago to stop you."

"She did not."

I laughed, "She did. She's not a helpless little kid. She's over being babied. She let it go because of everything that happened but she's over it."

Stiles pouted, "But..."

"You can still baby our son."

"Speaking of babies!"

"Oh god..."

"I was talking to Deaton a few weeks ago...you know...before Sean. And he said there's a way to stop me from getting pregnant again. Ya know, like how girls get their tubes tied." He bit the inside of his lip.

"Is that something you want?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Do we want another kid?" He asked.

"Stiles, do you want another kid?" I asked.

"I don't know." He whispered. "I mean like...kind of...but like...maybe not?"

"It's not a big deal. Let's just not worry about it right now, okay?" He nodded, "The packs out back, come on."

--

I watched the pack in the pool. Jackson had stuck around. Aiden was here with Lydia. Ethan even showed up. Allison showed up around dinner time with her normal cheery attitude. I looked over at Stiles to see him sitting in the kiddy pool with Grayson. He looked over at me smiling, Grayson walked over to him splashing water everywhere before hugging the other. Stiles turned hugging him back pressing kisses all over his face making him squeal with laughter. I turned to Isaac sitting on the edge of the pool with Scott. They were talking and gently pushing each other with their shoulders.

"JACKSON!!!" I heard Allison scream right before he jumped into the pool with her in his arms. Laughter rolled around the air from all the pack members.

"Dad!" I turned to see Isabella walking toward me.

"Hey, kid."

"Are you and daddy having another baby?" She asked hugging me.

"Where'd you hear that?"

"I heard you guys in the kitchen...partially." She said.

"I don't know, pup."

"Well, I think I'd like having another baby brother or sister. I don't have a favorite yet. I kind of hate them all the same." She said.

I laughed, "I'll keep that in mind."

"Love you!"

Stiles carried Grayson over to me, "Your son wants some dinner." He laughed.

"Okay, I'll finish it up." I said kissing him.

Grayson made grabby hands toward me. "What?" I said taking him from Stiles. He pushed his face into my neck and yawned.

"Wuv you." He said.

"I love you too, buddy." I kissed his head. "You ready for dinner?" He nodded. "Why don't you go play and I'll make it, okay?"

"Kay." He said wiggling to get out of my grasp.

Stiles sighed. "Why does he have so much energy?"

"He's five." I laughed watching Grayson run over to Lydia who was now sitting on the patio drying off.

Stiles hummed hugging me. "I'm so happy." He said softly.

"Me too, babe." I said staring out at the pack. "Me too."