Chapter 14

Stiles POV

I was making dinner when Peter walked into the kitchen. Derek was training with the pack and the girls were playing upstairs.

"Stiles." He said. I ignored him, focused on what I was doing. I stirred the rice I was cooking when I was slammed against the counter. "Don't ignore me Stiles!" Peter growled.

"W-what do you want?" I asked.

"I think you know what I want." He snapped.

"Peter, leave me alone." I snapped back.

"Hmm, I don't think so." He said moving his face to my neck.

"DEREK!" I screamed making Peter cover my mouth. Derek was in the kitchen in seconds, growling and tackling Peter to the ground.

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE." He roared.

"Oh now, now, nephew I wasn't doing anything." He said. Derek punched him.

"If you're not gone by the time dinner is finished, I'll kill you. Again." Derek said rage in every word. He got up wrapping me in a hug, "Are you okay?" He asked. I watched Peter walk out of the kitchen before nodding.

"Just don't leave." I mumbled, pushing my head into the crook of his neck.

I got up the next day to meet Deaton and get some grocery shopping done. When I got home the girls were sitting downstairs, fear plastered on their faces. They ran over to me.

"Daddy's mad." Claudia said softly just before I heard a loud bang. I jumped at the sound setting down the bags.

"Can you three take care of these. There are a few more in the car." I asked, seeing them nod.

I walked into my room as Derek punched the wall. "Der.." I said softly making him look at me. As soon as I closed the door he burst into tears. "Oh Derbear, whats wrong?" I pulled him into a hug.

"He took everything." Derek mumbled. "He broke into the safe and took everything." He said.

I wiped his tears, "So what? We'll be fine." I said.

"Stiles, I don't have any money left! You don't have a job, I don't have a job, how am I supposed to pay the bills. I can't send Isabella to that fucking school, I can't even buy a gallon of milk. How is that fine!" he said.

"Derek. We can get jobs. We have plenty left in the bank to get us by. We won't send her to dance school but we can get her classes after we get more money coming in. Just relax okay. Please." I said.

"You can't get a job. W-who's going to watch the kids. Y-you're pregnant. Someone has to take care of the pup." He said worriedly.

"Derek. The pack will help us. Isaac would be more than happy to watch the pups if we need him to. I'll get a part-time instead of full-time if it will make you feel better. We will get through this." I said. He started pacing around the room.

"Nobody is gonna hire me." He said, facing me. "M-my criminal record. Nobody will hire me." He said.

"Babe, that was a misunderstanding. And why don't you try the fire department? They are always happy to get more hands on deck and my dad is friends with basically the entire department. He'd be happy to put a good word in." I said, reassuringly.

He nodded, "O-okay." He said softly.

"We'll be fine, Der. Now go tell our children everything is fine because they were scared shitless when I got home." I said. He rubbed his face before pressing a kiss to my forehead and heading downstairs.

I watched Derek talk to the girls and give them all hugs before leaning against the counter. The pups ran off as I walked over. "Oh come on my alpha, cheer up." I said seeing his smile lightly. He loves when I called him 'my alpha' and I only used it in cases like this.

"I'm just.." he trailed off.

"I know Der, I know."

It's short, I'm sorry. I'm in a bad mood and can't write anymore. I'll try to update again soon.