Chapter 21: Moments

Harry's POV

"Yea guys let's go bye Ni," Zayn waved as we left the room.

NIALL'S POV

"Wait will you guys send my doctor or a nurse in here I have a question," I stopped them before they completely were out of sight.

"Sure Nialler we'll go get your nurse real quick," Zayn agreed.

"Okay thanks," I called after them.

After what seemed like 30 minutes the nurse showed up clipboard in hand.

"Is there anything you need Mr. Horan?" the nurse asked. I read her name tag and saw that her name was Beatrice.

"Yes I would like to know when I can go home?" I questioned.

"Well why don't you try to sit up for me first," She took out her pen getting ready to write something down.

I tried pushing myself up in a sitting position, but I got a fierce pain in my stomach, my head, my arms, and my legs. Oh and let's forget that my face already hurt also.

"I can't," I whined falling back down.

"Well Mr. Horan you won't be able to leave if you can't sit up straight so I'm going to say its going to be a week and" the nurse started.

"A week!!!" I interrupted slamming my hand down on the hospital bed.

"Yes I'm sorry Mr. Horan, but you were severely injured," Beatrice quoted. I've heard this so many times.

"I know," I assured.

"Well why don't you try to get some sleep"

"Yea I'll try,"

"Here you need to take these,"

She handed me two pills one was little like the size of my pinkie's nail and the other one was the size of a nickel. She also handed me a cup full of water. I was glad she gave me water because I was parched.

"Thank you Beatrice,"

"You're welcome Mr. Horan,"

After I got caught in my thoughts I drifted off into a deep sleep.

*Flashback*

I woke up in the same place I've been for five days. Disappointed that no one had called me or looked for me. I brought my head up my neck still hurt from sleeping in this position. I was so weak my kidnapper brought in water for me every day, but food was a different story. I got a piece of burnt toast for food and sometimes if I was lucky he'd throw in a banana.

"Hey Niall," I heard a raspy voice speak and closed my eyes so I couldn't see what weapon of choice was in his hand today. After a while he didn't do anything so I looked up at him. In his hand this time was One Direction's Up All Night album.

"Why do you have that?" I protested.

"Well you never told me that you were in a band!" he hollered getting excited about it.

"That's because I lost my memory and was in a coma for about five months," I spat at him he had no right to keep learning stuff about me when he wouldn't even tell me one thing about himself.

"I don't believe you so why don't you sing something for me?" he demanded taking a step closer.

"I don't remember any of the songs," I sneered glaring at him.

"Yes you do," he argued.

"No I don't!" I declared.

"Ok fine," he replied running out of the room and coming back in with a CD player in his hand he plugged it into the wall and skipped down to a track.

The singing started and it was a slow song.

Shut the door

Turn the lights off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your kiss

He was swaying to the music as he walked over to me with a tennis racket in his hand. I continued listening to the song closing my eyes and letting the tears fall.

I wanna lay beside you I cannot hide this even though I try

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

As if on cue he grabbed the net top part of the racket and used the other part to slap me in the face. Then he walked out.

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life for one more day

If we could only turn back time

He walked back in with metal pipe I think I didn't know I was seeing spots.

You know I'll be

Your Life

Your voice

Your reason to be

My love

My heart

Is breathing for this

Moment in time

I'll find the words to say

Before you leave me today

Something hard hit my back. I hadn't been paying attention to him so it looked like he had gone to the back of my chair.

Close the door

That sounded like me

Throw the key

Don't wanna be reminded

Don't wanna be seen

Then he came to the front and I realized for the first time the metal ring on his finger. He pulled his hand back as I got ready for the blow. Something hard hit my face. His ring. Then with the metal thing he had in his hand he slapped my legs with it then my head. That's when I knocked out the last thing I heard was

Hands are silent

Voice is numb

Tried to scream out my lungs

That's all I heard.

*Flashback over*

"Niall Niall wake up!" I heard a sweet woman's voice say.

"Mom?" I asked keeping my eyes close if this was a dream I wanted to stay asleep. My mom was here and I felt safe.

"Yea sweetie its me," she whispered as I felt a hand run through my hair.

"Everything's going to be ok," her reassuring voice spoke.

¡Author's Note¿ :

Hello guys. Hope this chapter wasn't too confusing. Got some plans for the next chapter, but if I saw one I really like (hint hint comment an idea if you want) I would use that instead and give credit to the genius who came up with it of course.

Thanks for reading my story!!! :) Have you guys seen This Is Us yet?? I haven't ;( but I really want to. I can already tell its going to be AWESOME!!