Consumed

Around the table sat Jason, Piper, Annabeth, Percy, Hazel, Frank, Leo, Calypso, Reyna, Mellie, and Coach Hedge. Together they waited for Will and Nico, who were supposed to have shown up two hours ago for their anniversary party. All were quiet, until Jason finally huffed.

"I guess they're not coming, huh?"

***

Will sat on the bench of the holding cell, head in his hands. He didn't expect to cry. He didn't mean to, either. Still, as he clutched his skull, tears streamed down his face. At least Nico made it through. Nico will be fine. Someone we know will bail me out. Faith in his friends kept him safe from fear, but his future was in ruins. How could he ever get into med school now that his record was tainted? And this wasn't just some petty theft either. Every employer, every school he tried to get into would see what he had done. He would go nowhere in life. All because of one reckless boy. Regret burned in his bones. Not for Nico, but for the stupid decision he'd made. Gods, what have I done?

Suddenly, a raspy voice clouded his head. I see you are bitter. She said. Thought? But Will interceded. What the Fates? he thought, his body now paralyzed. You're not me! Then everything went black. Will lost control of his body.

"Ahh, yes. How it is to feel again!" He said, except it wasn't him. Will's vision cleared. He watched himself stand up and walk to the window. Your boyfriend should be here soon. Let's give him a show, shall we?

***

Nico rushed in the building, which thankfully, was nearly empty. As he reached the top of the stairs, two security guards tried to stop him. "Hey! You can't be here!" said one of them. That was right before Nico did a quick split kick, knocking them both out simultaneously. He walked straight into the lobby, punched the monitor dude straight in the face and grabbed the keys off his belt before his head went limp.

"Will!" he cried. Nico rounded the corner into the area with the holding cells in it. As soon as he saw the blonde he rushed forward and gripped the bars that held him there. "Will!" he said, relief obvious on his face. Then he noticed. Will was facing the window, hands on the bars. His elbows were propped on the sill and he was crying. Great, heaving sobs echoed on the cement walls. Nico faltered. "Will..." he sighed. "oh, Will," he then heard a car pull up, just outside the building.

This worked as a jump start, and suddenly Nico's brain was going full steam again. "Will!" he commanded. "Will, I'm sorry we have to go." He unlocked the cell hurriedly and stepped inside. The son of Apollo still hadn't moved. Nico grabbed Will's arm. "Solace come on," he said, trying to pull his boyfriend away from the opening. "I can shadow travel us out let's just-" Nico paused. Will wouldn't budge. "Solace..." urged Nico, his voice weak. His eyes softened. "Please."

Will whipped around and backhanded Nico. His face was wet, tear stained and red. "YOU LEFT ME!" he shrieked. Rage was clearly written upon his face. The force of his movement, his words, sent Nico stumbling backwards, eyes lit up with shock. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT? HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME ALONE LIKE THAT?" Nico fell into the half-open jail bars. His eyes became glassy as he slid down to the floor. Nico stared at Will as he shouted at him. "I THOUGHT- I THOUGHT YOU HAD MY BACK!" And just like that, the glass that made up Nico's eyes shattered, as did something inside him. Tears streamed down his face. "TEARS NICO? REALLY? I TRUSTED YOU, I BELIEVED IN YOU, AND YOU LET ME DOWN!"

Nico sobbed, still wide-eyed and facing his partner. All his fears had been confirmed. Will didn't trust him anymore. "Will..." he stammered "st-stop Will, please.." But he didn't oblige. Instead he towered over Nico, who no matter how terrified he was, could not stop looking at the boy he loved.

"The worst part," Will sneered, "isn't even that you left me. YOU TRICKED ME. I SAW YOU COMING, BUT THEN YOU SHADOW TRAVELED AWAY FROM ME."

"Will you- you don't understand I didn't- my Dad, he- and-"

"ARE YOU HURTING YET?" screamed Will, a cruel smile wide across his features. Nico looked down at his knees, shame flowing through his veins.

"Y-yes?" sobbed Nico, too broken to fully notice how strange the question was. Will bent down into a hunch and grabbed Nico's chin. He snapped the brunette's head up forcefully, making him look into his eyes as he reached into the back of his boot. He was not gentle the way he usually was, and the look in his eyes just wasn't quite right. That smile from earlier was still plastered on his face.From behind him he pulled out an almost oval looking black thing. Will flipped open the knife to reveal a nasty curve.

"Good."