So yeah, he was stronger.

Naruto cringed, 'That staff is the bane of my existence, and the thing of nightmares.'

'Damn straight.' Kyuubi muttered.

Naruto, and the rest of Team 7, waited by the entrance gate of the Chuunin exam finals. Sakura was holding a banner, and was grinning as Naruto and Sasuke sheepishly rubbed the back of their heads.

"I need Hinata to help me hold this up." Sakura clapped her hands together in glee. "It's going to be great! You'd better win."

Sasuke scoffed, "Do you doubt us?"

"I doubt your ability to think in battle, yes." Sakura replied.

Naruto started to laugh, and then stopped, "Heads up." He whispered quietly.

Snapping his eyes open, Sasuke lifted his hand and caught a kunai with his forefinger. Turning his head, he scowled as Kakashi stalked forward with his hands in his pockets.

"I taught you well, Sasuke."

Naruto rolled his eyes, not finding the reasoning in Kakashi's surprise attack on Sasuke. It was like it was trying to show off, well, Naruto had been taught by a Kage so he had the upper hand anyway.

"Yes, fantastic, can we go inside now?" Sakura questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Of course, Sakura." Kakashi nodded.

As Sasuke and Sakura started to walk forward, Kakashi caught Naruto by the shoulder and pulled him back slightly.

Naruto jerked his shoulder away from Kakashi's hand and raise his chin to meet his Sensei's eyes.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" He smiled sarcastically.

Kakashi ignored the blatant disrespect. "I wanted to apologise."

Naruto nodded, "Apology accepted." And he turned to continue walking, only for his shoulder to be grabbed again. He sighed, "Yes?"

Raising an eyebrow, Kakashi tapped his neck, "The Cursed Mark, how is it?"

Naruto shrugged, "All gone."

"Funny."

Narrowing his eyes, Naruto replied, "Seriously."

"But it can't be removed!" Kakashi hissed at him, disbelieving at the notion that the mark could just vanish.

"By a human, it can't." Naruto replied. "But you're forgetting I have a demon inside me, only a demon can destroy a demon cursed seal."

Kakashi let go of Naruto's shoulder in silence, and Naruto brushed off his shoulder in thanks. "Okay." Kakashi said simply. "Let's get going." He didn't say anything more on the topic, and although that was strange to Naruto, he didn't question it.

Kakashi and Naruto caught up with Sasuke and Sakura, who just rolled her eyes and told them to not keep them waiting.

Sasuke smirked once they were all in a line again, "Now, let's kick some ninja ass."

~*~*~

Genma Shiranui took a thin toothpick out of his pocket and clamped it between his teeth. 'Why did I have to be stuck doing the finals of the exams?' He wondered bitterly. He was a busy man, being a Jounin and all, he didn't have the time to be a proctor.

In the middle of the arena, there was a line of eight Genin, standing and facing the spectators.

Naruto stood in the middle of the row of Genins, with Sasuke on one side and Fuu on his other side.