Kind receptionist lady.

I begrudgingly opened the door and faced the band of Lycäns. "You've got your wish, boys. What now?"

"You come with us." they stated, watching my every movement.

"And if I refuse?" I asked, folding my arms.

"Then your friend will face more than a broken door." one explained, his expression grave.

I was torn. I wanted to protect the receptionist, but I also wanted to protect myself. These men were unquestionably dangerous- could I really trust what they said?

"Fine," I sighed, skulking towards them. "I'll come with you."

____________________________________________________________

"You shouldn't have done this to our Alpha, Thea."

I glared at the driver. "He shouldn't have done this to me."

I was wedged uncomfortably between two werewolves, and my seatbelt was pushing into my shoulder. This whole situation was completely ludicrous. I'm sure that Alpha Black could survive without me.

"You're not going to admit that you were in the wrong, are you?" he laughed humourlessly and my grip tightened on the car door.

"I wasn't!" I replied, gritting my teeth.

"Tell that to him when we arrive." he said.

"I won't be looking at him, much less talking to him."

Everyone sighed in unison and I grimaced. Normally, I would love the fact that I was surrounded by blonde haired boys, but this predicament was far from normal.

"Please, just try to behave. He's in a bad enough mood as it is."

"Don't ask a British girl to behave. We don't do that." I replied, smiling to myself.

The rest of the journey passed in tense silence. We pulled up in front of a grand house, cloaked by spruce trees. It was only when I clambered out of the car that I began to regret my rash decision; wolves weaved throughout the grassy plains, only halting when they saw me. As I moved forward, flanked by my capturers, my breaths became shorter. The primal beasts were watching my every movement, as if seeking out weaknesses. I raised my eyebrows and picked up the pace, aware of their heavy gazes. If they thought that I was weak, they were very much mistaken.

One of my kidnappers moved past me as we faced the double doors. "There's a pack meeting in progress, but Alpha Black said to intervene if we were to find you."

I remained silent. Sighing, he pushed open the double doors and my heart leapt into my throat. My former chemistry teacher looked up as if sensing my presence and growled. My mind screamed in protest as I stayed unnervingly still, but I knew better than to run. This man, my mate, was not to be outsmarted twice. I knew that for a fact.

"Mate," he smiled breathtakingly.

"I swear you have Tourette's," I blurted.

He took me into his arms and burrowed his head into my neck. I looked around uncomfortably. At least a dozen men were seated around a circular table, and were watching the scene unfold with lazy grins. I gritted my teeth and fought the urge to object.