P-5

Chris POV

Rita grabbed my hand. I looked at her. "Everything will be ok." She said. I nodded and looked ahead. Keisha walked in with Kayla. She smiled. Kayla looked at Chris. She smiled.

"Alright family." The nurse said. "Today what we are going to do is get a swab in both of your cheeks. Then we're done. Any questions?" She asked cheerfully. I shook my head and squeezed Rita's hand.

"Alright. Let's start with the kid." Kayla walked over to him and sat in the chair. He smiled at her. "Alright babygirl. What's your name?"

"Kayla."

"That is a beautiful name."

"Thank you." She said quietly.

"Already lemme see. Open wide. Say ahh."

"Ahh." he swabbed both sides of her mouth with a cotton swab and then put it in a container. "Alright, you're done." Kayla stood up and looked at me. Then walked over to her mother. I walked over to the nurse and sat on the stool. "Alright, say ahh."

"Ahhh." he swabbed my mouth and then put the cotton swab in a different container.

"Alright, we are done here. The results will be in within 3 to 5 days. Would you like to come in to get the results, or to be called, or mail it in? Mailing it in takes a little bit longer."

"Uh, to be called."

"Alright. Thank you for your business." He said. I stood up and walked out the room. I waited for everyone else. Everyone filed out the room and started talking at once.

"So, daddy? Can we hang out today?" Kayla asked. I looked at Keisha.

"Uh, maybe you shouldn't call him that just yet." Keisha said.

"Alright." Kayla said.

"But yeah, if that's fine with your mother." I looked at Keisha nodded. "Alright. Let's go get Ro and we'll go to Chuckee Cheese."

"Yay." We all walked to the cars and then got everyone situated. I turned around and looked at Keisha.

"When you wanna come get her?"

"Just call me when y'all ready. Hopefully it isn't late."

"Or she could sleep over." Rita said looking over to us. I nodded and looked at Keisha.

"It's up to you." I said. She nodded and sighed.

"Yeah. That's fine. But she needs clothes."

"I have clothes I got for Ro. They look like the same size."
"Alright."

"We'll call you tomorrow." She looked at Kayla in the car. She smiled and waved.

"I'll see you tomorrow babygirl."

"I get to sleep over?"

"Yeah with your sister and brother."

"Yay!"

"Alright. Love you baby."

"Love you too mommy." She blew her a kiss then Keisha closed the door.

"Uh," She wiped a tear. "She likes to drink a warm glass of milk before she goes to bed."

"Why didn't you say cup of milk?"

"Cuz we use glasses."
"Well we use plastic cups because we have a house full of clumsy niggas."

"Whatever."

"Alright."

I know it's short but I have to go. More coming soon. 

Kayla Brown y'all

Kayla Brown y'all