P-15

Chris POV

Rita stood there. She smiled faintly. "Uh, can I come in?" she asked.

"Yeah." I backed up and let her come in. She looked around the house.

"I see you haven't changed a thing." she said smiling.

"Uh, yeah. I wasn't comfortable changing anything." I said. She looked at me.

"Uh, I wanted to tell you that-"

"MOMMY!" Chris screamed running down the steps. She smiled and turned to look at Chris. Chris jumped up into her arms.

"My lovebug." she kissed his cheek. Chris smiled then started laughing as Rita started tickling him. "You've been good?" she asked.

"Very." he said looking into Rita's eyes. I looked at Chris sternly. "OK maybe I got in trouble once or twice."

"You did?" I asked.

"OK more than that." Rita laughed and kissed his cheek again.

"Mommy missed you."

"I missed you too Mommy." Rita looked at me.

"Oh my gosh I missed you guys so much."
'Did you miss me?" Kayla asked coming down the steps.

"Why wouldn't I miss your little fashions shows you have little Ms. Naomi Campbell?" Kayla smiled and hugged Rita.

"I missed you." she said. She looked up at Rita. "Daddy, doesn't know how to do hair like you do." she attempted to whispered.

"I heard your little ass. And I do hair to the best of my ability."

"Whatever." Kayla said. I laughed and watched as everybody hugged.

"Mommy, can we watch a movie? Daddy wouldn't let me watch the movie I want." Chris said.

"What movie is that?" Rita asked.

"Norm of the North."
"We already watched it." I said.

"Well, I want to watch it." Chris said.

"I want to watch Goosebumps." Kayla said.

"No." Rita and I both said.

"Then what movie?" Kayla asked. "Alvin and the Chipmunks?"

"Yeah Alvin and the Chipmunks." Chris said.

"Alvin and the Chipmunks it is." Rita said looking at me.

"Yeah." We all walked into the living room and I put the dvd in the dvd player. I sat down on the couch and Rita sat down next to me. I looked at her shocked.
"What?" she asked.

"I just didn't expect that." I mumbled. She smiled and laid her head on my shoulder. I tensed up.

"Chill out." she said. I nodded and relaxed. I don't know why I felt like it was our first time. Ever.

While we were watching the movie, Chris said he was hungry. I called the pizza place and ordered some pizza and wings for us.

Then when the movie was over, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and got our pizza. I paid for it and then we ate.

Once we were finished eating, Rita started to clean up the kids mess. I looked on at her as she cleaned. She looked up at me.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing. I was just taking in your beauty." she blushed.

"Oh, thanks." she said.

"I don't know what it is about right now, but I feel like we are just getting to know each other right now. Like, I feel like we're starting over."

"Well we are."
"Well we can't. Rita we have a child. Would've had another but we lost it. And it's my fault."

"Chris-"
"No listen. I messed up badly. I know and I'm so sorry for it. I was angry and I could've done some things differently. So I apologize. And I just want you to forgive me for my wrongs and my sins."

"Boy, this ain't church." I laughed. She smiled.

"I love you Rita." I said looking into her eyes. She looked at me.

"I love you too." she whispered. I smiled and leaned down and kissed her.

"Ewww." Kayla and Chris said. We turned and looked at them. I smiled and Rita leaned her head on my chest.

"I love to hear your heartbeat. It's like a good song." Rita said.
"OK then." she laughed and then cleared her throat.

"I want another kid, Chris."

"I want one too. But right now, we need to work on us." I admitted.

"Yeah. That would be a smart move." she said. I looked down at her and kissed the top of her head.

"Rita, what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Learn how to love?"
"I already know how to do that."
"No you don't." Rita said.

"I do too."
"No you don't."

"I do too."

"Sure you do." Rita said. She turned away from me and started cleaning again.

"Rita why are you cleaning when you can love me?" I asked.

"Because I want to ease back into it. We were going to fast."
'Really nigga."
"I don't want to be hurt again."

"Really nigga? You hurt me."
"Right."
"I'm serious."

"Look, Chris, I'm sorry for everything. Can we start over? BEsides the fact that we can't undo a child and what I done when I was pregnant with said child."
"Long ass question but yeah. I would love to start over."

"Yeah?"
"Yes nigga."
"Alright. Hey little mama, ooh you're a stunner. Hot little figure. Yes you're a winner." I sang.

"Why are you singing to me?" she asked laughing.

"Alright. Alright. I'll be serious." I cleared my throat looking at her. "If you had 11 roses and looked in the mirror, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things." She smiled.

"My name is Rita."

"My name is Chris. Nice to meet you."