Chapter 9

School was kinda uneventful the next day, I tried to avoid Blair the best I could. I don't know if she actually remembers what happened but I hope she doesn't. If she does, I don't think she will keep her mouth shut. She hates me! She would probably tell.

Going back to my Art class, last class of the day, I would have to face Blair. I'm just gonna try to ignore her or maybe say she must have been dreaming if she actually does remembered. Walking into the class, Blair looked away from her friend and straight in my eyes and glared. I took in a shaky breath and looked away, walking around the cubbies. She began to march towards me.

Oh no! I think she actually does remember!Surely she couldn't hate me that much that she would want me dead or discovered where I could be used for experiments...... However, that's just what I was hoping...

She beat me to the end of the cubbies before I could make it out. She huffed in anger. "Who do you think you are?!" She yelled at me, pointing her finger at me accusingly.

"I-I don't know what your talking about." I couldn't hold back the stutter from leaving my mouth, I was nervous! I spun around and attempted to walk to other way so I wouldn't be cornered by her, she ran around to the other side, in front of me.

"Don't you walk away from me you freak!" She yelled, drawing the attention of the whole classroom. Sadly, the teacher weren't in the room, she was most likely making copies no doubt for references.

"I know you did something to me that other day at the docks! What the heck did you do?!"

"I- I D- don't k-"

"Don't you dare say you don't know what I'm talking about! Explain to me why I saw you at the docks and feeling something wet hit me, like water!"

Everyone circled around us, probably hoping for a fight to break out. My anxiety began to kick in at the feeling of all eyes being on me. I tightened my grip on my bags strap.

"Answer me!" She snapped my attention back to her. "Did you have something to do with it?! Did you hit me?!" She balled her fists. "Bitch, if you did I swear I'll freaking-" she raised her fist. I closed my eyes and held my hands up to defend myself.

"Blair!" A voice called. I cracked my eye open, looking for the source of the voice.
It was the Teacher, with Noah behind her.

"That's enough." She growled, anger visible on her face.

"But Ms. Witchered!-" Blair whined.

"I said enough! I will not tolerate such behavior in my classroom." She stepped forward, with a stern expression.
"Now I want you to go to the office." She pointed to the door.

"But Ms. Witchered! Skylar-"

"Office." She stepped out of the way of the door.

"Ugh! This isn't over, freak!" Blair shoved me, making me fall onto my butt.

"Blair!" Ms. Witchered snapped.
"I will be sure to write a full letter to the principal about what you have done today and I will also be sure personally that you will get a proper punishment. Now go!" She snapped her fingers, pointing to the door.

"Whatever." Blair muttered, walking out the door.

The teacher rushed to me, kneeling down. She sat her hands on my shoulders. "Skylar, are you okay?"

"Y-yeah yeah, I'm fine." I sat up.

"Do you know what she was mad about?"

I shrugged. "No idea." I can't risk telling her either. I can only tell the people I truly trust.

"Do you need to go to the nurse? I don't know if she did anything else when I was not here." 

"No, it's okay. I'm good." The teacher backed up when Noah held his hand out to me. I smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling me up.

"Where were you?" I asked.

"I was with Ms. Witchered, helping her make copies. I wasn't gone long and you got in a fight with Blair. I can't go anywhere without you getting into trouble." He smirked, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Pttf, yeah right. I think I was fine."

"Last time I checked, you were cowering under her fist." He ran his hand from the back of my head and over to mess up my hair.

"Ugh!" I pushed the hair out of my face.

He sighed. "What would you do without me, Sky?" I looked up to him who had a smile plastered on his face.

"Hm, probably would have been a straight A student if you haven't been bothering me so much." I joked.

"Aww come on! You know you love me!" He laughed.

I laughed too, gently pushing him off. We sat next to each other at the same table. I told Noah all that happened to me yesterday after he left. He seemed surprised, shocked, and.... Excited all at the same time at the thought of me getting "super powers." *rolls eyes*

"Noah! What have I told you?" I looked around, then lowered my voice. "The more powers I get the worse it is. That means my mermaid side is beginning to take over and that's not a good thing!" I whispered.

"Okay okay, I understand." He nodded.

"Do you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah! The more freaky cool super powers you get the worse it is. Then if we let it go too far you will turn into fish girl forever if we don't do anything."

"Uh- don't say that! The correct term is mermaid, not fish girl. It sounds weird."

"Yeah, mermaids are girls with fish tales, so fish girl. And mermen are guys with fish tales, so fish boy." Noah explained.

I just stared at him for a minute in disbelief. "..... Noah, you are so weird.."

He laughed. "Thanks!"

"It wasn't a compliment." I giggled.

"I take it as one though."

"You manage to make everything sound weird." I mumbled.

"Oh! And are you gonna tell Ava?" He asked. I froze.

"S-should I- I?" I stuttered.

"She is like your other best friend. If she finds out on her own without you telling her, she might not be happy and you could risk losing her."
His words echoed around my head, maybe I should tell her... But how would she take it, would she leave me or if I don't tell her would she be mad and never forgive me? I risk on losing a friend. We have been best friends since we were little! I can't lose her!