Chapter 5

The loud, annoying beeping played in my ears again. I groaned, rolling over. School..

I rolled out of bed, wondering down to the bathroom. On the way, I grabbed onto the clothes I had set out the night before. I shut the door behind me, setting the clothes down onto the counter. I looked up to gaze at myself in the mirror. My eyes were droopy, my hair was a reck like I had just gotten out of a freak tornado, and my clothes were all wrinkled.

I swapped clothes, from my PJ's to my day clothes. Grabbing a hair brush, I quickly brushed threw it. Running into a bunch of knots, hard to get out like you won't believe! but eventually, I successfully brushed them out. I turned the faucet on, water spitting out into a steady stream.

I moved my hand closer to the water, a weird feeling came over my hand as it drew closer. When the tips of my fingers were about to touch, the water pushed away. My eyes flew open and I yanked my hand away. I had about forgotten about what happened, is this something that's suppose to go along with it?

I wondered, am I controlling it? Or is it like a magnet with the same sides? Not able to attract. I tested if I was able to control it first, I thought with my mind what I wanted to do, bringing my hand closer once again.

The water moved slightly, with me getting closer. Once in range, it completely bent. I was controlling it..

"Unreal.." I mumbled to myself, trying to remain calm. I moved and twisted my hand, with the water pouring out of the faucet and into the sink, it changed directions. Instead on going down the sink, it went through the air. I twisted it around into the air, making weird shapes until I decided it would be best to bring it back to the sink before I accidentally touch it.

There was a knock, I dropped my hand with my eyes instantly going to the door, the water falling and splashing back into the sink.

"Skylar, are you okay in there?" Mom knocked.

"Yeah, I'm fine!" I shouted back, so she was able to hear me.

"Okay then, well you gotta hurry up. It's time for school."

"Alright, I was just coming out anyways." I looked from the water to my hand.

I slightly smiled. "This will make things more interesting." I balled my fist and ran out the door and on my way to school. It was all an uneventful day, I'll save ya from the very boring details and just skip to the end of the day when I was finally in Art class.

Our project was to paint a picture, anything we wanted. As long as it wasn't stick figures. I was painting an image from my dream. I luckily remembered every detail, and was able to put that detail into my work. I painted a girl in deep, dark waters with mystical sea creatures swimming around her.

I felt eyes on me, like a presence behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see the teacher with her arms folded across her chest, smiling and admiring my hard work.
"That's very good, Skylar."

I flashed a quick smile. "Thank you."

"Oh! I also forgot," she yanked out a piece of paper. "To give you this." She laid it out in front of me. "I forgot to give it to you last time, it's your art terms and you might as well start studying them for future tests and quizzes." She nodded.

"Okay, thanks." I got up, taking the paper with me. I walked around the cubbies and got down onto my knees to place it into mine for the time being. Sliding it in, when suddenly..

SPLASH!

I flenched at the cold thing running down me. Please don't be water please don't be water!! It felt thick, red poured down my arms,dripping from my chin. Laughter erupted from the room. I looked up, wiping the red substance from my eye brows before it could run into my eyes. I flicked my hand, with what I wiped from my head now flung on the floor.